Early Morning Workers

Options
2»

Replies

• jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    With everyone regarding food.

As I get up so early I find that I want to eat ALLLL morning. There is so much time between waking and lunch! AHHHH how do you all handle this?

I do best with a small shake for breakfast then an early lunch. If I eat a decent sized breakfast, it makes me hungrier before lunch. Even if it's a 200 calorie bowl of cereal, real food makes me get hungrier. So, I avoid it until lunch.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I always see there are overnight/late night topics.. but what about EARLY MORNING?

Most mornings I wake at 5am and work until 2pm.

If you work early mornings - when do you eat breakfast? Do you eat right away? When do you do your workout? Lets see what early morning people are up to! =)

I don't eat breakfast, my first meal of the day is ~1pm, post workout.
    Last meal is ~8pm
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Up at 0445, start making my quick oatz, take care of the dog - by then the oatz have been in hot water for at least five minutes and are both cool enough and cooked enough to eat. Make coffee. Eat, drink, go to train.

Mind, I am not a morning person, at all. Getting out of work at 1500 is kind of cool though, and leaves me plenty of time to work out.
  • scarletkitsune
    scarletkitsune Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Morning! I don't get up quite as early as you, but I normally get out of bed by 5:45, make a green smoothie before I leave for work, and then drink it around 7-8ish, after I've had a cup of coffee and whenever I feel awake enough to eat. I eat lunch around 11:30, and I'll have an apple or something if I get hungry before then. Then I'll go to the gym for half an hour right after I get home from work around 3:30, eat dinner around 5, and then go for a walk with a friend later on in the evening.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    At work now - its 6:38 am - anyone awake ;)
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I wake at 4 to be at work by 6 (there now). I eat breakfast right before I leave (around 5) and then have more mid morning snacks planned for around 8 and 10 (plus copious amounts of black coffee). On the weekends I tend to try to wait til 7 or 8 to eat but it doesn't always work out because I wake up starving.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    5am-6pm! Love it!
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am up by 4am to exercise, then complete my job work by 10am...and play all day!
    7k02g2n0avvu.jpg
  • Spnneil06
    Options
    The swing shift are always cool people. I worked 2-10 for 4.5 years. Fun times, but no time with family at all!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Up at 5:30, run or workout when I get up, at work by 7:15, and eat breakfast anytime between 8:00 and 10:30.... depends on when I get hungry and when I can sneak to the microwave to heat up my breakfast. :smile:
  • SarahJohnson1234
    SarahJohnson1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My new born son wakes me up every hour of the night and sometimes it's tricky getting him back to sleep after feeding. So I do envy people that wake up at 5am :)
    It's best to kick start your metabolism with something warm like milk or raw foods like fruit, prunes etc... If I want to eat sweet food I will eat it in the morning after breakfast so I have the day to burn it off.
  • Spnneil06
    Options
    Ah morning baby snuggles! I miss that!
  • Lian98
    Lian98 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:00 AM. Does not help my dark circles any :(
  • jennyhoon
    jennyhoon Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 - 5am, doing food preparation until 9am. That's my daily workout of 2-3hrs beside strength training in the afternoon/night time for 20-30mins.

Drinking a cup of ceylon/green for my mornings. I start my decent meal at 11-12noon. Last meal for dinner at 7-8pm.
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    5.45 up, gym and then at work by 7.30 for breakfast.
  • MizMouRin
    Options
    I am up at 2:30 a.m.. to be at the crew meeting site by 4 a.m., to then travel to the job site where the real work starts at 6a.m.

I usually eat breakfast around 8:30 a.m. & do a light workout when I get home at 3 p.m.