Ready to lose the weight

Options
Good Morning Everybody, and Happy Tuesday! I am very committed to sticking to My Fitness Pal this time. I have a co-worker who lost 80 pounds JUST by using this tool, so I'm feeling very inspired.

A little about me, my name is Bri and I'm 25 years old. I'm a professional singer who is just beginning to break into the business. Two years ago, I was an actress, and I suffered a nervous breakdown. I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't function. I decided to quit acting, the one thing that I had thought was my passion, and I felt like my life was in a downward spiral. At my lowest, I was down to 160 pounds when I stopped eating. I sought professional help, and was given anxiety medication, which truly saved my life. The unfortunate side effect of the anxiety medication, however, is weight gain. I also got really excited when my appetite came back, and took no prisoners when it came to junk food. I was ordering pizza probably three times a week, and chips were my go to snack. Fast forward two years, and I am rocking it out at 243 pounds. I did a cleanse a few weeks ago, which helped me drop 11 pounds, and also really helped me to see that healthy food makes me feel different, in a good way. I am feeling motivated and inspired to get going and lose this weight, especially since I'm planning to get married next fall. I want to look back on my wedding photos and feel confident about how I look. I also want to feel healthy, and vibrant, and I think that losing the weight would help me have more energy when performing with my bands. I look forward to hearing all of your stories. You all motivate me to make good choices!

-Bri

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - I've used it to lose more than 70 pounds (and have so far kept it off). :) Eating right does indeed help you feel awesome. Good luck on your journey!
  • Dumbbell69
    Dumbbell69 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me