• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i eat peanut butter every day :happy:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    2013sk wrote: »
    I myself am a peanut butter lover. I love peanut butter!!!

I don't like PB2! I love crunchy sunpat peanut butter!!!

Now a girl on one of the forums has just posted to say that 'nut butters are overrated and pure fat' 'Your just putting fat into your body. Eat vegetables and fruit instead'

Now what do you think about this? I thought protein keeps you fuller for longer. Yes I know its fat, but good fats... ?

Also how much peanut butter do you eat a day? Have you found this has slowed down your weight loss progress?

I would like to know your views

Thanks xxx

But peanut butter *is* vegetables...
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Blasphemy.

Peanut butter is everything that's right with the world.
    +1
    In my house of 2 adults and one 4-year old, we go through the Costco sized tub in a month. Hubby and son are slim and I've lost 52 lbs with not much effort and with including PB in my diet.

• al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I freaking love PB. But only Crazy Richard's pb. No added oil, sugar, or salt. It's perfect. I agree that PB2 is just not the same, though I've used it for baking with good results.

I think of it as a healthy fat; something to have in moderation.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I have almond butter every work day for lunch.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    did you tell her fat was a macrunutrient and we can't live without it???
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Ditto, Peanut Butter is fantastic in moderation. The high fat and protein helps keep you satiated for a longer period, unlike carb heavy diets. The trick is just not to overdo it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    PB2 really is crap compared to normal peanut butter and so overpriced.

I kind of want to start making my own nut butters for the sake of variety.

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Big fan of peanut butter here. I have some more days than not.

The food scale was *really* valuable to me here, though. Turns out I was eating way more than a serving at a time all this time when I used a tablespoon to eyeball it. When I started weighing it, I realized that the serving I *thought* was 15g was actually closer to 30g.

I still eat 30g. I just log it that way.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    her words are blasphemy, I eat peanut butter, almond butter, pb2, fatty cuts of meat and tons of butter , oil u name it. Fat helps you feel satiated keeps, your intenstines lubed , hair and nails strong and shiny.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Big fan of peanut butter here. I have some more days than not.

The food scale was *really* valuable to me here, though. Turns out I was eating way more than a serving at a time all this time when I used a tablespoon to eyeball it. When I started weighing it, I realized that the serving I *thought* was 15g was actually closer to 30g.

I still eat 30g. I just log it that way.

i agree re: the value of the food scale.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I have nut butters almost every day. Natural only though.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I eat nut butters every single day, but stick to the natural ones with no added sugar or oils. I have at least 20g mixed into my porridge every day, sometimes more if I have the calories spare. I currently have 8 different types of nut butter in my cupboard. I'm all about the nut butters!!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I like PB2 mixed into my yogurt, but for snacking? Now that I know what a real tablespoon is supposed to be, nothing beats almond butter for me when I have the calories for it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Next time I get some pb2, I'm going to mix it into my jif and see what happens.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Peanut (or any kind of nut) butter is indeed a great source of your unhealthy fats and some protein. As long as you opt for the natural, less processed kind and can control your portion sizes, it can be a great snack that tastes amazing! That being said, I personally can't eat it because it simply doesn't fill me, so it's a rare occasional treat in my household :x
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just measure it and have a tbsp. a day - usually in my protein shake, sometimes on a pb&j, and sometimes by itself (yummm). the good thing about peanut butter, for me at least, is that Its very satisfying so 1 tbsp. is typically enough but I just measure and fit it in my macros. I'm usually low on my fat so its a nice boost
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    All the vitamins are in the fat.

http://www.peanut-institute.org/health-and-nutrition/protective-nutrients/vitamins-and-minerals.asp

I had a tablespoon of flax seed oil with a bit of vinegar and salt with my bread last night. A good oil is great, and peanut butter has it too. I am just careful with the portions.
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have Peanut Butter and Co.'s Dark Chocolate Dreams spread on toast every morning. Heavenly. Nothing could be better than a mix of dark chocolate and peanut butter.