Hitting macro's dead on but calories take me over?

Hi All

Currently on a carb 40/ pro 40/ fat 20 and when I hit my macros dead on I'm over on calories. Anyone have any ideas why?

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    What are your calorie, carb, protein, and fat goals (in grams not percentages)?

It could be that you aren't using accurate entries from the MFP database. (Some of the items in the food database are user generated and not 100% accurate.)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    How much are you over? Could it be rounding?

Do any of your entries not include macros? I know when I enter some wines they don't show any macros, but they sure have calories.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    If you open your diary we may be able to see what you're missing
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    How much are you over? Could it be rounding?

Do any of your entries not include macros? I know when I enter some wines they don't show any macros, but they sure have calories.

THIS^^ Alot of entries in the database are inaccurate. Just yesterday I had to adjust the macros for waffles because the entry said it had ZERO carbs! Not sure why it had the other macros, but no carbs listed...
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Impossible - if you hit macros you hit calories - there is no way around it.
    Possible however that some entries used have not been calculated properly hence this will offset the overall calories.
  • 1985mansfield
    1985mansfield Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks for all the replies.

I've checked the macro content of all the foods and all the food info is correct. When I hit all my macros dead on, I'm somehow over by around 60-70kcls.
    My calories are 1800 in total and carbs and protein 180g and fat 40g.
    I've noticed that my diary intake of macros if different to what it says in the nutrient details too
  • 1985mansfield
    1985mansfield Posts: 9 Member
    My total intake today on my diary was 1793kcls I had carbs 177g, protein 187, fat 29, these figures should total 1717kcls. My nutrient breakdown details then say I had carbs 173, protein 188, fat 32. I'm convinced there's a fault somewhere.