White American/European before and after pics please?

Options
2»

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I don't really get the hate here. Its not like she's going "White people are the best race and so I only wanna look at them". I'm not white but I just don't get the overly political correct replies in here. In honesty, it makes YOU seem like the racist for looking so much into a simple thread.

There are threads about Asians, Blacks and spanish bodies here. Sure majority of the crowd with success story is white but if the OP just wants to see bodies with similarities, whats the harm?
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    White American/European people make up the vast majority of people on this website. Open up any thread and you will likely find a white person in it. There are so many threads with white people in them that other people literally have to ask to see bodies that might look more similar to those of their ethnicity. That's why they make the posts that you're attempting to parody here.

Yeah, we're hardly the underrepresented minority here. And anyway I doubt I share 'genetics' with, say, a Swede. I'm more likely to skim success pics looking for somebody whose body shape matches my own.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    OP, if I was finished and considered myself a success, I would share pictures with you. In my opinion, if it's okay to have African-American success threads, then it's fine to have Caucasian success threads. Personally I'd prefer if there were neither, but whatever. A body is a body. Most of us here should know that regardless of genetics/ethnicity, what matters is a calorie deficit and health-conscious decisions all-around. I don't even really notice a person's skin color or race when I read through the success stories. I'm paying attention to what they say that they did to get to where they are and what they suggest. It's not like I see that the pictures are of someone African-American and I think "Oh, well this won't be applicable to me." Of course genetics play a role, but only so much. Other things are much more important.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    White American/European people make up the vast majority of people on this website. Open up any thread and you will likely find a white person in it. There are so many threads with white people in them that other people literally have to ask to see bodies that might look more similar to those of their ethnicity. That's why they make the posts that you're attempting to parody here.

So you think it is wrong to dedicate a topic asking people to post before and after pics because they are white American/European and that it is a parody of a topic asking people to post pics about African American women?

I am seriously asking for success pics from people of my own genetics?

Let me add a bit more... I am 5 ft 4in and have lost 45lbs I would like to go into lifting weights more but would like some pics from people of European background to inspire me with pics?

<--- the woman in my avatar is an indigenous European, she lived in Europe before Homo sapiens had even left Africa. I think she's very inspiring. I'm sure she can squat and deadlift a lot more weight than the average Homo sapiens person. She doesn't get fat because she lives in a cave with only middle palaeolithic technology. Her favourite food is woolly rhino and her favourite clothes are made from reindeer hide, and she made them herself.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

So you think it is wrong to dedicate a topic asking people to post before and after pics because they are white American/European and that it is a parody of a topic asking people to post pics about African American women?

Let me add a bit more... I am 5 ft 4in and have lost 45lbs I would like to go into lifting weights more but would like some pics from people of European background to inspire me with pics?
    You are being willfully obtuse. To understand what I've said, go re-read my post. It has nothing to do with whatever you're attempting to say in this comment.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    I don't really get the hate here. Its not like she's going "White people are the best race and so I only wanna look at them". I'm not white but I just don't get the overly political correct replies in here. In honesty, it makes YOU seem like the racist for looking so much into a simple thread.

There are threads about Asians, Blacks and spanish bodies here. Sure majority of the crowd with success story is white but if the OP just wants to see bodies with similarities, whats the harm?

There isn't any. People just need a reason to attack. They now have one.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    OP, if I was finished and considered myself a success, I would share pictures with you. In my opinion, if it's okay to have African-American success threads, then it's fine to have Caucasian success threads. Personally I'd prefer if there were neither, but whatever. A body is a body. Most of us here should know that regardless of genetics/ethnicity, what matters is a calorie deficit and health-conscious decisions all-around. I don't even really notice a person's skin color or race when I read through the success stories. I'm paying attention to what they say that they did to get to where they are and what they suggest. It's not like I see that the pictures are of someone African-American and I think "Oh, well this won't be applicable to me." Of course genetics play a role, but only so much. Other things are much more important.

THIS!!!!
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Your own genetics. Your genetics will have some, but a little impact on how you lose weight/tone. It mostly will affect where you lose your weight. In which case you should ask for your specific body type. Like pear or apple. The skin colour will make little difference. Unless you can't see past white/black.

Just saying.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

Agreed :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

There isn't any. People just need a reason to attack. They now have one.

because the OP would never have made this thread if it wasn't for the African-American success stories thread, that's what's wrong with it. You can scroll back to around page 15 and 16 of that thread and see her posts disagreeing with the African-American thread, suggesting it should be in a private forum, and saying she felt alienated by it (no idea why, I'm white and I felt totally inspired and not the least bit alienated by it). If she genuinely wanted to see people of a similar genetic background or whatever, she would have made the thread already, without even noticing that there was one for African -American women, and without going into that thread and complaining about it.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    perhaps you should post your haplotype...european is very vague
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

It's just a little weird because as Carlton pointed out that the majority of threads are already dominated by white people. This seems like it's deliberately excluding black people. If you had just posted 'Show me your success photos' chances are the majority of the women posting would've been white. It's just an odd request. . . .
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Tacky.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i suddenly feel like having a wooly rhino steak....
  • BridalRenee
    Options
    [/quote]

It's just a little weird because as Carlton pointed out that the majority of threads are already dominated by white people. This seems like it's deliberately excluding black people. If you had just posted 'Show me your success photos' chances are the majority of the women posting would've been white. It's just an odd request. . . .
    [/quote]

exactly, it's like saying "why can't I have an all white TV channe"l and getting mad over BET when every other channel is predominately white in the first place.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Precisely. This thread is ridiculous.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    i suddenly feel like having a wooly rhino steak....

Can you explain this comment to me?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Yes.

I believe it's a spin off to be funny, she's not really serious.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!