A really powerful, easy-to-implement (free) tool you MUST try!

Options
Jules0222
Jules0222 Posts: 8 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Just remembered something that worked really well for me in the past, so I thought I'd share. I once read a book about cognitive therapy for dieting "The Beck Diet Solution". Before you start to snooze, there is one really powerful, easy-to-implement (free) tool that you MUST try!

Take an index card or business card (whatever size you can carry with you every day). Write on it the top reasons why you want to lose weight. They could range from "I want to feel healthy", "I want to feel sexy", "I want to enjoy shopping for clothes", "I want to look good in a bathing suit". Well, you get the idea. The key...take it out and read it SEVERAL times a day, every day. Also read it when you are tempted to eat or drink something you shouldn't. (I'm going to make my card, tonight.)

And when you do 'fall off the wagon' (and you will), dust yourself off, (smile), admit that you are human and start with the next meal. :-)

BTW...I'd love to hear from anyone who tries this to see how it is working.

I wish you all the very best! YOU deserve it! (And, so do I.) :-)

Replies

• mbbseb
    mbbseb Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    great idea thanks for sharing, I'm going to my tonight as well. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Nice.

Pictures speaks a thousand words so I have my day 1 before pictures laminated and wallet size and carry them in my wallet. 432lbs of motivation.
    14578073742_16896d57fd_b.jpg