Healthy Snack ideas??

Options
valligurl27
valligurl27 Posts: 9 Member
Hi all, I need to bring a snack to a meeting tomorrow night. Have to serve 13 women, and my counterpart is bringing desserts. I'm still brand new, today was my official day one, dont want to blow it already on junk. Please help if you know a quick treat I can make in 30 min or so thats not loaded with calories.

Replies

• jsalzat
    jsalzat Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    A fresh fruit or veggie tray with a low-fat dip is an attractive, healthy snack that most women appreciate. Or even something like whole grain crackers with turkey slices and maybe some cheese cubes (in moderation) could make a simple, relatively healthy snack.
  • valligurl27
    valligurl27 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • WhoWasGivenToFly
    WhoWasGivenToFly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    fresh fruit with vanilla or strawberry yogurt as a dip
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with a fruit or veggie tray. They usually go over well at meetings. Also, maybe you can make your own trail mix. Pick up either almonds or pecans and add your own dried fruit and seeds (like pumpkin seeds). I think I heard a good ratio of fruit to nut is 1/3 fruit to 2/3 nuts/seeds.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I agree. A veggie tray with low fat dip or a fruit tray with low fat dip.
  • DespinaDV
    Options
    I would go with a fruit platter with some almonds in the middle. Sprinkle the fruits with cinnamon, and added so peanut butter scoops are the dip.
  • selenam336
    Options
    A great dip for fruit is whipped cream and yogurt. Any flavor yogurt you like, personally I'm a fan of peach. And no one ever seems able to guess what it really is. :)