gloomy day

Options
I want to lose 50 pounds in three months ... I feel that this is not realistic . I just feel like a fat slob after I had my daughter ..I just kept gaining weight I feel very self conscious about my weight just wanted to vent and get some support. I want to feel better inside and out . Anyone feel this way or am I on an island by myself :(

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    everyone here is here because they either have a problem with them selves or had a problem with themselves. you are far from alone. start your weight loss today. start logging, and be realistic with yourself and your goals. this isn't going to happen overnight.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    50 lbs in 3 mod is not realistic. Why not lose 5 lbs at a time. Small realistic goals are more attainable. Good Luck. Don't set yourself up for failure. You can do this and you will. :)
  • WanaBeThinAgain
    Options
    thank you . just having one of those days . i love the support :) .. i want to be where i want to be fast not realistic ! thanks for the reality check.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have lost 52 lbs in 12 weeks, all I did back then was walk........walk 40 mins in the morning ,watch what I ate and it came off.........again, everyones different, but for me , it worked.........best wishes
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It really depends . . . 50lbs in 3 months is (possibly) achievable for me because I have waaaaay more than that to lose. Quick weight loss is not healthy at lower weights (people, please correct me if I'm incorrect on that).
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Honey! You don't say when your daughter was born? Weeks, months or years? It is important to know the facts of this before people give advise! My immediate thoughts are post-natal depression? Without knowing more, I personally will not give you any advice other than sending a huge virtual hug and suggesting you see your doctor! I merely suggest this from the tone of your email, which of course I might have completely wrong. This weight loss journey is not easy! But if you aim for tiny goals - 0.5lbs a month weight loss - and you achieve that - hell that is a result! God bless and don't be too hard on yourself! You have achieved a major life achievement - Motherhood! Embrace and enjoy it! It is your gift! You brought life into the world! Wow! xx