Misfit Flash

Options
EMTFreakGirl
EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
edited October 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone preordered? Any thoughts on this product you'd like to share? I've been using the Body Media Fit armband for over 3 years and am ready for something new, smaller and a bit less obvious, along with it being waterproof for swimming and bathing. However, I am a bit $ poor right now. It's less than $50 and comparably similar to the Misfit Shine. Just wondering if anyone has heard much about it; good and/or bad.

Replies

• EMTFreakGirl
    Options
    Anybody?
  • mticktin
    mticktin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I bought one off the shelf at Best Buy on Monday and have tested it out for two nights sleep tracking and one full day of activity so far. I kept the tracker in my pocket all day next to my iPhone 5S (which I've been using as a tracker with the Fitbit app) and compared metrics after both planned walks and just random times. One day is of course a limited sampling, and having the tracker in my pocket does not give any detail as to how it might work either in the wrist strap or clipped elsewhere, but so far the numbers trend such that the Misfit slightly under counts steps and calories as compared to the Fitbit app. The longest walk I went on for the day came in at 1158 steps and 87 calories on the Fitbit as compared to 1076 and 66 respectively on the Misfit. Personally if there were to be an error I'd prefer it be an underestimation so that doesn't bother me much, but it of course is a matter of preference. Sleep tracking for the two nights appears reasonably accurate.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    Options
    Thanks mticktin. It's on my shopping list this week!
    and I agree...I'd rather underestimate than overestimate; better to keep me honest! lol
  • thechialynn
    thechialynn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing one for a little over two weeks—Jawbone UP24 on one wrist, Misfit Flash on the other. (What can I say; I like my gadgets!) Sometimes the step count is comparable, sometimes it's higher or lower; the estimated calorie count on the Flash is often (but not always) higher. Haven't worn it swimming yet, but the plastic armband is surprisingly comfortable. I've also used the clip a few times to put it on my sports bra when I lift or use kettlebells.

Its choice of exercises is pretty limited, though they're adding more. I put the UP24 into activity mode and tag the exercise, and just let the Flash do its thing. At the end of the day, I set MFP to use whichever one of them gives me a lower calorie count.

Also, I use the watch function so often that I set it to show me the time before it shows my progress—which surprised me, because I haven't worn a watch in *years*.
  • stephgetsfit2
    stephgetsfit2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my misfit Flash!
  • jah1360
    jah1360 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have also love my misfit flash I use it everyday.
  • katsntx
    Options
    I just got one and so I hate it. User guide is like 5 sentences, can't get it to link with my friends. I bought one for myself and the for my friends hoping to make a fun game or of getting fit. And for some reason today I went for 22% goal down to 1% after syncing! Very frustrating! If anyone had answered please let me know!
  • laurav1122
    laurav1122 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love my Misfit Flash. I like how it syncs to MFP. Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for in a product like this. I agree with katsntx that the user guide needs some work though.
  • bencsutton
    Options
    How do you get the two apps to sync. When I hit connect on MFP it sends me to the Misfit app website.
  • shaknzmom
    shaknzmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am thoroughly confused.... My daughter just gave me a Misfit Flash. I literally stood at my desk for 7 of my 7.5 hours today and it's telling me that I walked 2.3 miles. It also says I've walked over 6400 steps today. NO WAY!
    I also can't get it to upload/recognize my MFP entries. I sat on the couch, trying to find some online help, and watched my calorie intake go from 1605 to 1829. My Flash food logs are empty and I haven't eaten, let alone logged, anything while I'm sitting here!
    Anyone else having trouble understanding the Flash?? I really need help figuring this out. It was so sweet of my daughter...I don't want to have to return it.