Upping my calories?

Options
Hi,
I'm currently eating about 2000 calories per day on average, with some cheat days, but I always balance them out. Since going back to Uni this semester, i've beeen quick walking around campus all day, cleaning alot, doing chores and generally being alot more active.
Ontop of this I gym/swim about 3 days per week (soon to be more) and have been dancing alot on nights out.
Because of the sudden activity increase, I've noticed weight loss, so think perhaps increasing my calories is the best choice. Should I class myself as 'active' on myfitnesspal and eat back exercise calories ontop of this? I can't do the increasing my calories by 100 a week method and watching my weight as I don't own any scales. I'm not sure what my new goal would be and am worried to increase calories too far.
Stats: 20 y/o, 125 pounds, 5"8

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yes make yourself active to account for the walking around and dancing etc...but log your exercise calories and eat back 50-75% of them at first to see if that helps...

Now at your height tho and 125lbs you are on the cusp of being underweight....just watch that.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have had to change mine from active to very active.. I work with horses and go to the gym a fair bit.. Will add you will be nice to have a girl buddy that is on more than 2000 calories a day :smile:
  • LRH94
    LRH94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ah yes! I don't know how so many girls on here eat so little...it confuses me whenever I see a post about someone struggling to even eat 1600 as it's 'so much food'. I eat pretty clean with a few treats, and I would starve on 1600