Body Fat % Goals

Options
Hello All!
I just had my body fat % tested with a Tanita scale. It measured at 44%.
I am 5'4" and 206 lbs. I know you are can safely lose 1-2 lbs a week, but what does this equate to in bf %?

How long will it take me to get to 20-25% and what will my weight be then? Does my question make sense?

I feel like I should be able to figure this out, but I am having a hard time finding clear answers and resources.

TIA

Replies

• CdnRower
    CdnRower Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Your current lean mass is 115 lbs. If your lean mass remains the same you will weigh between 138 and 144 lbs at 20-25% BF. How long it takes you to get there is dependent on diet and activity level. You currently carry 90 lbs of fat on your frame. Set yourself a goal of losing 40-50 lbs over the next 365 days. I would fully expect you'll lose more if you are vigilant. Good luck!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    with that much to lose, I would just focus on getting on a training and eating regimen that you consistently stick to and the lest will take care of itself.

In all honesty, at two pounds a month it will probably take you a little over a year to get from 44% to 25%…It may seem like a long time, but focus on hitting your goals each day and you will be there before you know it...
  • GretchenB02
    GretchenB02 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That was the information I was looking for. My goal is 150-170 lbs in 18 months so these are all congruent.