C25K in 5 weeks?

Options
My family is wanting to do a 5k together on Thanksgiving Day, and we are just now starting to train, since it just came up. Do you think we can do a C25K program modified to 5 weeks? What weeks would you skip? My kids are 5, 8, and 9. My 5 and 9 year old danced 7 hours a week last year, and my 8 year old is a wrestler/dancer. So they are pretty fit. I do Zumba an hour 3-4x a week, plus HIIT training 30 min 2x a week and weights 30 minutes 2x a week. I'm not a big runner though. I sprint, so jogging is going to be my main thing. I have to learn how to jog and gain endurance.

Am I over reaching?

Replies

• gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Most C25k programs are 8 weeks. If you already have a good baseline of fitness, I'd just jump into week 3 and go from there. The Zen Labs C25k still has you walking 90 seconds and running 2 minutes on week 3....so you should be able to build up your endurance in 5 weeks.

The standard C25k advice would apply. Get running shoes and don't try to add extra days to 'make up' for what you missed. You'll steadily build endurance up and be ready to roll by Thanksgiving.