New to fitnesspal

Options
Hi All
I'm new to this community. Some events have occurred in the last few weeks tgat left me taking a real hard work at how I treat my body so I joined myfitnesspal. I know that connecting into the community can offer some support...so here I am; "Hi!"

Replies

• marybmat
    marybmat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi spanorchid! I'm new here too. Glad to have some new companions along the way!
  • Julieis44
    Options
    Hello. I am new to myfitnesspal. I look forward to mapping out my progress. I think this will be huge have the extra accountability. I just enter a fitness boot camp I am pretty excited.
    Good luck everyone on their goals. I want to start out with 10 inches lost then build from their.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! Add me if you need a friend.
  • heathram
    Options
    I'm newish as well.Left and came back.Need friends to help keep me on track.
  • CrazedCrow
    CrazedCrow Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi spanorchid, welcome to MFP. I've been on here for a couple of months and I'm finding it really helpful in dropping the pounds - hope you can get the same out of it. If you need a friend fire away.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Julieis44 wrote: »
    Hello. I am new to myfitnesspal. I look forward to mapping out my progress. I think this will be huge have the extra accountability. I just enter a fitness boot camp I am pretty excited.
    Good luck everyone on their goals. I want to start out with 10 inches lost then build from their.

Maybe start out with smaller tragets so you cna get easier victories.
    1. Buy a food scale.
    2. Read the stickys.
    3. Aim for your first pound loss.
    4. Log on MFP for 1 week and record all your food.
    5. Try and take a 5 or ten minute walk each day.