I Don't Know How to Start?

Options
Hi.

I'm female and 33. My biggest issue is that I can't seem to find a good program to stick with. I've always been fit and I'm at the perfect weight and BMI. I'm also quite athletic but I lack strength. I can do cardio for long hours but strength training and toning is my weakness. I can't get past 15 push ups or past 2 kilos dumbbells.

I download a lot of fitness apps but everything is scattered. Each app is tailored for a specific area. When I go to the gym I do break a sweat but I randomly do stuff. I don't feel like I'm working towards an objective.

What I'm really looking for in an all-inclusive program. A site. An app. A downloadable thing that I can work with that walks me through the steps of setting my goals, designing a program for me and then giving me tips on how to consistently evaluate myself. Things like how to calculate my calories intake, what workouts to do on specific days and such.

When I search online, 90% of the programs I find are mainly targeted for losing weight, which is why I thought about posting it lest someone give me some advice?

Thanks.

Replies

• RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello & Welcome to MFP!

I think you would receive more responses to your question in the GETTING STARTED or the FITNESS AND EXERCISE sections of the forums.

This is for folks who have already reached their goals & is 'maintaining.'

It sounds to me what you are looking for is a personal trainer or dietitian or nutritionist who will create a customized exercise routine. I think what you need is the human factor.

Also, MFP is what you make of it. It is not necessarily geared towards anything - just depends on your goals. For instance, I am using it to maintain.

I'd repost this question to a more appropriate section of the forum or contact the forum administrator to move this post.

Best of luck to you.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    As the person above said, you'll get a better response in other boards.

MFP is a great place to start towards and build your goals.
  • DX810
    DX810 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'll post it there!