Here I am...again. Please help me get back on the wagon.

nicmax88
nicmax88 Posts: 37 Member
edited October 2014 in Getting Started
I sort myself out for a while, I lose a bit, then I rediscover pizza, then I get fatter than ever. I looked in the mirror this morning and actually felt ashamed. But not ashamed enough to stop bloody eating! In the last week my dinners have included Pizza Hut, Chinese and Chicken Cottage, restaraunt steak and chips and Bella Italia. I know I'm not obese, I'm 5ft2 and 9st8. Before this weighing my biggest had been 9st3. It seems to get a little heavier each year or so though, between losing. I've done crash diets, exercise, healthy eating, you name it. My happy weight is 8stone and a UK size 6-8 (remember I'm only 5ft2). I have MS which does make things a little more difficult, but I don't want to be the fat lady with the walking stick who can't do anything. Please help me get back on the wagon!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Not sure how I could help, but I do have a question about Vitamin D - do you take a supplement for that ? I do IT support and know a couple of people with MS who use a web forum to keep in touch with fellow sufferer's - Jooly's Joint I think it's called.
  • nicmax88
    nicmax88 Posts: 37 Member
    yarwell wrote: »
    Not sure how I could help, but I do have a question about Vitamin D - do you take a supplement for that ? I do IT support and know a couple of people with MS who use a web forum to keep in touch with fellow sufferer's - Jooly's Joint I think it's called.

Yes @yarwell, I take it when I remember!
  • Rmntrose
    Rmntrose Posts: 23 Member
    Take is easy on yourself to start with. When I start realizing I need to lose weight I see myself eating just like that and I KEEP doing it. But I have started to realize that if you give yourself a few days to just cut a little bit here and there and ease into weight loss...its a whole lot less depressing than just going cold turkey off of everything. AND when you do start getting serious into weight loss, do not go off of everything. Just fit those things you love into the calories allotted. For example, the other day we have pizza, instead of grabbing two or three slices I took one slice and made some broccoli to go along with it. Fill yourself up with healthy food and spice it up with a hint of those things that you love. Don't try to drop the weight in a week. Slow the weight loss to a pound or so a week so that you can afford to eat a more relaxed diet and still loose weight...forever. Take it easy on yourself.