Still losing but going over calorie goal

Options
It could be a fluke, but I've gone over my calorie goal for about a month now, and I've still lost. I'm currently 5'6, at 175 pounds, and my goal calories are set for 1620 based on TDEE but I'm still losing at around 2300 cals a day. Could be water weight, but I really didn't think I'd lose five pounds this month!

Replies

• laurenjill
    laurenjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Silly me, forgot my question! Should I go back to 1620 based on my TDEE?
  • justalittlecrazy
    justalittlecrazy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't have a ton of myfitnesspal experience under my belt but... if its working, why change? Maybe weight yourself again once a week for the next couple of weeks and see if the trend continue and make a decision from there.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    If you can lose on 2300... Eat away and enjoy! There's no need to lower your calorie goal if you can lose at a higher rate--I would say to eat as much as you can while still losing! I would kill to be able to get away with that! ;)
  • simoneg14
    simoneg14 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting heavy weights?
    I go up to 2000 some days when I'm lifting and the weight flies off.
  • laurenjill
    Options
    simoneg14 wrote: »
    Are you lifting heavy weights?
    I go up to 2000 some days when I'm lifting and the weight flies off.
    I don't work out at all! I lift heavy plates at work, does that count? :D
  • laurenjill
    Options
    I don't have a ton of myfitnesspal experience under my belt but... if its working, why change? Maybe weight yourself again once a week for the next couple of weeks and see if the trend continue and make a decision from there.
    That's my plan. I was losing rapidly at 1400 but I was starving at the end of the day!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Bonus! I would be eating as much as I possibly could while still losing.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    IMO eat as much as you can while losing. You don't have to be uncomfortable and feel starving in order to lose weight.
  • laurenjill
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Bonus! I would be eating as much as I possibly could while still losing.
    Right?! I'm crossing my fingers and saying, "Please let this be real!"
  • SuperSleepySchro
    SuperSleepySchro Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If it ain't broke don't fix it is what I say...I'm eating around the 2300 range also and losing ~1.5lbs/wk but I'm a lot bigger than you @ 6'5" 252lbs