Sometimes I only eat 1300 Calories 1-3 X a month (Male)

Options
mhlew
mhlew Posts: 377 Member
My calorie goals are set to 2100 calories a day (2 lbs weight loss a week) Most days I stay under my calorie goal (with added excersize) sometimes I even go over my allowed goal by 200 to 300 calories, and sometimes I am WAY under goal and I will only eat 1300 calories (maybe 1 to 3 x a month this happens)

Sometimes after work I get so tired I fall asleep, and and I will wake up at 8pm and I don't want to eat dinner that late in the evening without working out, so I just skip it. I don't think there is any harm in this at all. Especially being 5'7'' 278 lbs, a skipped meal cant do that much damage. Now, I am sure I am going to get some sort of responds by someone "you are going to hinder your weight loss, your body goes in to starvation mode blah blah" I am by all means not a nutrition expert, but this occourance being only 1 to 3 x a month max, cant really have that sort of affect on me. If anything I think it helps me out. Thoughts?

Replies

• stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters. Some of us work to daily calories, some to weekly. It all evens out in the end.
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that was my line of thinking as well.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    278 lbs gives you a pretty good buffer to miss a meal or three.
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    For some people going really low on calories will trigger a binge (rebound) for them, so it's probably unwise to skip a meal. If you feel no adverse affects, keep doing what you're doing :smile: