Is there some place to get calories

JustGizzy
JustGizzy Posts: 38
edited September 21 in Recipes
I have a lot of recipes that I have picked up after the past few years but don't know the carolers on any of them per serving does this site have a place where we can plug a recipe in and get the calories for that recipe per serving?

Thanks
Giz

Replies

• sweet4keeps22
    sweet4keeps22 Posts: 291 Member
    I haven't found a place on MFP that has that function, but I recently found this website where you can do just that...

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

You have to know how many servings the recipe makes, though.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Not yet. Mike (the creator) assured me that one was in the works. Until it is ready to roll, I use www.sparkrecipes.com I know there are others, this is just the one that I chose!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Not yet. Mike (the creator) assured me that one was in the works. Until it is ready to roll, I use www.sparkrecipes.com I know there are others, this is just the one that I chose!

I haven't heard that and I'm so glad he is!!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    you can put in all the ingredients to your diary by dividing them by serving. its really not that difficult to estimate servings, usually its .5-1 cup.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    If you create an account at livestrong.com, they have a link where you can create your own recipe, save it, and it shows the amount of calories per serving. :)
  • lprealty3645
    lprealty3645 Posts: 2 Member
    You might try www.myfitnesspal.com
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Thanks for the link. This is exactly what I've been looking for!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    http://www.nutritiondata.com/

I like this it is super simple.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

I haven't heard that and I'm so glad he is!!

that is what I ususally do. I figure if I measured all the ingreds, then divide by say 6 (for lasagna) it is perfect
This discussion has been closed.