Found a great deal on a Digital Food Scale

Options
So for the longest time I've been wanting to get myself a food scale just so I know exactly how to portion food. Counting out how many chips I'm "allowed" per serving always lead to me overeating. But being able to weigh my food has given me a better idea of just how inaccurate eye balling can be. I've been hunting around for a scale a while, and finally found myself a great deal! I'm all about saving money and hunting out great deals and I thought why not share this one with everyone here.

If anyone is familiar with the discount food store Aldi, then you might have already snagged this deal up! Aldi had advertized a sale on a food scale a few months back in their sales paper for $9.99, relatively cheap but it would get the job done. I unfortunately missed that sale that week and when I did go to pick one up it was back up to full price at $19.99. (Still not a lot, but I'm quite cheap, hence why I shop at Aldi).. Went back yesterday because I decided to suck it up and spend the money in order to better myself, and to my surprise IT WAS ON CLEARANCE. $4.49 for a digital food scale. I took this as an opportunity to divide all of my snack foods into portion controlled bags to see how well it helps me from over snacking on my journey.

I even splurged and bought a contact grill since I live alone and hardly cook. Grill cost me 9.99, I think this will broaden my options as far as making myself meals. No more mac n cheese or boring old salads for me!

Just wanted to share these two great finds in case anyone was looking to pick up a small scale, or indoor grill.

Has anyone found success in portion controlled snack bags?

Replies

• acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Portioning snacks has been a life saver for me. I tend to get snacky at work, so now I can grab a single snack bag instead of accidentally eating an entire package of something.
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!!
  • kbeloved
    kbeloved Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    that looks like a sweet scale! 5 bucks you should've got two! now i really want a contact grill! congrats on your awesome find :]
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    Portioning snacks has been a life saver for me. I tend to get snacky at work, so now I can grab a single snack bag instead of accidentally eating an entire package of something.

Definitely agree. Reflecting on my past eating habits it was because I was eating too much of a given snack (as well as multiple snacks) that led to my weight gain.

It also helps when packing lunches or grabbing a few bags to eat while out running errands.

Also, I write the weight of the snack on the bag with a sharpie right after I pack them. That way I can easily enter it in MFP once I eat them instead of trying to remember it later.