easy salad ideas?

Options
Anyone want to share their salad recipes? I'm starting to get bored of mine....I use feta cheese.cranberries.chicken. and Newman's raspberry vinaigrette

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I just made a kick *kitten* salad with chicken, croutons, Cesar dressing, and parmesan cheese. Sooooo yummy!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    I buy a bag of salad mix, it varies depending what I want for the week, then make my own pickled veggies and tuna salad.
    Pickled veg:
    slice 1 carrot, 1 cucumber, 2 stalks of celery, some onion, some bell pepper and cover with a tbs of acv and a tbs of white vinegar. Add herbs of your choice. (this makes ~4 servings)
    tuna salad:
    2 small cans tuna, 1 hard boiled egg, 3 tbs humus (this makes 3 servings)
    Divide the salad into 3 containers, put 1 cup of pickled veg on top, then 1/3 tuna salad mix. To increase protein or fat, I add 1/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese or 1/4 of a large avocado. This makes a great lunch for under 300 calories.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I like Fagioli con tonno (Italian for beans and tuna). Drain and rinse a can of any white beans, drain a can of tuna, cut up a lot of celery. Toss them all with some olive oil, vinegar, and herbs (or bottled Italian dressing). A great main dish salad.