Starting over, 1200-1470 cal goal

Options
Rays_Wife
Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
Hello, I've been around MFP for a couple years now but fell off the wagon pretty hard last year. Now I need to get back on it due to some health problems, I would like to lose this weight for good. I have a lot of weight to lose, my doctor put me on 1200 cals but MFP has me set to about 1470 for a 2 lb/week loss. My doctor wants me to do low cal and low carb because I have PCOS. So I guess will try to stick to the 1200.

If anybody else is doing 1200 cals or needs friends add me. You don't have to have the same calorie goals, but it would be nice to share menu ideas.

I also am limited in what I can do for exercise now, walking a block make me so winded! I have a treadmill at home so I'll try to go on walks and use the treadmill in bad weather. btw I'm a stay at home mom w/2 kids, any other moms out there? :)

Replies

• KathySRW
    KathySRW Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1200 cal per day is my goal as well. I'd like to add you .
    I'm also a mom, but mine are teenagers now.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Low cal/low carb is relatively unnecessary in my eyes. If you follow low carb, the low cal seems to take care of itself. I have PCOS as well. Restarted on low carb about 4 weeks ago now. It's not that bad if you can get yourself some fun things to eat along the way, new cheeses, lots of seafood, a glass of good wine now and then. Good luck!
  • hazelnut_
    hazelnut_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor, but I do have PCOS, and I've lost just shy of 60lbs so far this year without doing low carb. It's a popular suggestion for ladies with PCOS, but not always necessary.