Scared of being "sore" after workout class?

Options
2»

Replies

• ImmaZombie
    Options
    Drink plenty of water before and after the class. Hydration helps muscles not be so sore.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I wear my workout pain like a badge on honour :) Right now I'm sitting funny because my butt muscles are killing me from a particularly brutal TKD class last night, and it just reminds me how hard I worked!
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? You have muscles.....they are gonna hurt if you work them. Suck it up buttercup.
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Um, sorry if this contradicts the majority of posts here but you can definitely work too hard in a counterproductive way. Anything that grows feels a little bit sore. However, extremely sore is not a mental block that needs to be broken, its an urgent physical warning sign that needs to be listened to. If you ignore it you're going to be building up damage that can have long term consequences.

Please read this article by the New York Times before you swallow the pill of "more is always better" that is being prescribed you here. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/19/magazine/why-are-americans-so-fascinated-with-extreme-fitness.html