I made my choice...

Options
After trying Weight Watchers for a couple months or so, I have figured WW may not be for me. I had MFP on my phone since before I joined WW, but didn't pay much attention to it until a couple of weeks ago. I have spent the last few days deciding on what is best, so last night I made my choice final by cancelling my subscription to WW. So I am going with MFP and so far feel like that is a good choice. Just seems a bit simpler for me to follow.

Anyway, I'm Sally. Please feel free to send me friend requests. I could use all the help and support that I can get. I am looking forward to getting more people on MFP...on the forums and on MFP on my phone and tablet.

Best of luck with your journey.
Sally

Replies

• Phobos1618
    Options
    Good choice, WW doesn't teach you how to eat well without their expensive system
  • 24Gordonfan
    24Gordonfan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks. :) I am finding it a lot easier to count caleries than it was to be counting points...plus am finding people on this message board is more friendly. Or maybe it is just I that just never connected to anyone really on their MANY forums. So far have no regrets on canceling my subscription and going here...it just feels right. :)
  • nessab70
    nessab70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    welcome have added you
  • 24Gordonfan
    edited October 2014
    Options
    YAY thanks! It is great to be able to talk to one another and support one another. :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Used what you learned there, keep learning to eat healthy here and ONWARD!
  • 24Gordonfan
    Options
    Thanks Sabine. Great advice. :)
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Counting calories is way easier than counting points, I'm sure WW is a great system for some people but it's definitely not for everyone. Best of luck to you here on MFP; I joined 186 days ago and have lost just over 2 stone, it's the first time in 10 years I've ever managed to lose weight and I owe that in part to MFP's simplicity. I wish I'd known years ago that all I had to do to lose weight was log my food to help me keep to a calorie defecit, rather than torturing myself trying to cut out foods that I had no willpower to resist, or forcing myself to do exercise that wasn't good for my health.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I found the MFP phone/ipad app to be a blast. I actually LIKE counting/tracking with it. the bar code scan option totally rocks! I also love how easily it works with my Fitbit. This whole "healthy lifestyle" thing really clicked for me once I got both things working together. now i've done a 60 day Piyo group challenge and am doing another 30 day challenge. Never thought i'd be doing that 5 months ago!
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you chose mfp because it's great having you for a friend. I plan on being there for you through thick and thin no puns intended.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Hi Sally. I tried WW too. I really didn't care for it. I do not like restrictions. I eat what I want, including all my favorite food, making sure I am in a calorie deficit everyday. (Well almost everyday.) This seems to be working for me. Good luck.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    you wont regret your decision, over many different years and different attempts at lossing weight this stuck. Sure i have lost and gained some back and lost more and gained a bit back but over all its been down hill, the only times ive gained in the last 3 years..... when i stopped using mfp lol. Good luck :)
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I was a member of CalorieKing for about 10 years. Australian site. The tools and diary were good, calorie and macro counting same as MFP, but the forums dwindled down to half a dozen bitter trolls who either shot down what you said or didn't comment at all. Sad, coz there used to be some nice people on there, and very active forums and groups, but I think everyone must have gone to MFP because of the App (CK only developed an app for iPhone, and given Android is 70% or so of the market I think it killed them).
  • oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Once you get used to it this is crazy simple. Just stay motivated and keep pushing forward
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I've never tried WW, but do know a couple of women who've used it. One really likes it, the other no so much. One is now using a different (but similar) app called 'Loseit'. The thing I hear about WW is all the restrictions and, the weekly fee. I really like MFP and have had pretty good results. I log EVERY single thing I eat and keep track of all my exercise. I've lost 59 pounds so far. Give it a minimum of two weeks and I bet you'll stick around. Welcome.
  • PotentiallyCrazy
    PotentiallyCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new here, too (a couple weeks or so). I was in WW 3 years ago, for 4 or 5 months. I lost 24 pounds while I was there, but it was expensive & I wasn't that fond of the whole points system or how all their foods have fake sugars & artificial stuff in them. So far I'm liking MFP & I'm doing just as well here, if not better than WW. I think either way it just comes down to tracking & moving & having a calorie deficit.
  • PotentiallyCrazy
    PotentiallyCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh, & I'm a Gordon fan too :smile:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sally!!!! So glad you are here. We are here to help
  • 24Gordonfan
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses and support. It all means a lot to me. So far, I have found this easier and better to follow. Though I never knew how much caleries was in food and how quickly they can add up. Something to consider. And yes, I ffeel like this is a lot easier to go by than the points. Also have met a lot of great people here and enjoy going on and talking to others and seeing others who are on the same journey as me. I am always open for more friends.:) Thank you so much once again. :D
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers convert here too. Welcome :)
  • 24Gordonfan
    Options
    Thank you Brightside. :)