any adult 4'7" tall with a success story?

zahid222
zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
Hi I am very short and having a very difficult time loosing and getting very disheartened. I'd like to know if anybody my height is having any success in weight loss and if there is anybody can you give some advise.I would hate to give up, been there done that does not turn out to be pretty. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• colleenz43
    colleenz43 Posts: 12
    Maybe try posting this under the Support message board, rather than
    Success Stories. You might get responses.
  • zahid222
    Thanks!
  • Nurse0907
    Nurse0907 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 4'9" and have lost 24 pounds so far. It's taken me almost 5 months and it's a slow and steady process but is totally doable. I've had to really play around with my calories to see what works for me to lose weight. I tried the 1200 calorie thing and I wasn't losing weight at all. I finally figured out that I need to eat 1400 calories a day to see at least a 1.5 weight loss a week.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Are you talking about weight loss or just life in general?

220px-Danny_DeVito_by_Gage_Skidmore_zps282c774d.jpg

Because this dude is awesome.
  • zahid222
    Are you talking about weight loss or just life in general?

220px-Danny_DeVito_by_Gage_Skidmore_zps282c774d.jpg

Because this dude is awesome.

Some people are gifted in some ways and deficient in other . I know my deficiency but yet to find my gift. Stuggling with wait loss!! :(
    But life is still good won't complain so many have it worse!!!
  • zahid222
    I'm 4'9" and have lost 24 pounds so far. It's taken me almost 5 months and it's a slow and steady process but is totally doable. I've had to really play around with my calories to see what works for me to lose weight. I tried the 1200 calorie thing and I wasn't losing weight at all. I finally figured out that I need to eat 1400 calories a day to see at least a 1.5 weight loss a week.

I gain if I increase calories I wish I could eat more. I'll keep trying the other option is not an option! :smile:
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Hi

I'm 4' 11" and all I can say is us shorties have it pretty tough!!

Our bodies don't need too many calories to function and so it's often difficult to create much of a deficit without starving half to death. I have lost 32lbs over the last 11 months with calorie control and cardio and I've just started lifting, with at least 14lbs more to lose.

I've decided to start weight training in an attempt to get leaner, gain some muscle tone and speed up my metabolism. I've increased my calorie intake (not too drastically) and so far no negative effect. (it's good to eat again!!)

People will say that its all down to what happens in the kitchen and that is a big part of it but I am completely convinced that I would not and could not have had these results without the exercise I do.

Not sure what method you are using but I would suggest that you will struggle to create a decent deficit just by food reduction so do a good chunk of exercise and then only eat 50 - 75% of those cals back. This increases your deficit whilst still allowing you to take the calories in to start off with.

Be wary of taking your net calories too low but you may need to play with this a little as some of the 'standard' rules just don't work so well for little people.

Best of luck
  • zahid222
    Thanks for the reply. I am trying to do some sort of cardio 4/5 days a week , without it would not have a deficit. I'm afraid that I might injure myself . I am walking more once I am a little lighter I plan to psh myself harder .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!