Sweet tooth

Options
Trying to become more serious about loosing weight. Having a tough time with sugar in particular , I have such a SWEET TOOTH! Any tips?

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Budget sweets into your calories budget and enjoy.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I make room in my calories daily for a treat.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    2 Strategies

Cold turkey - attempt no sugar (for awhile). This gets rid of the more intense cravings/ Then gradually add a serving here & there.

Or manage a small serving everyday. Plan for a sweet snack everyday. A 100 calorie pack at the end of the day, provided your calories are still on track. Single serve packs help with portion control.

Herbal teas often don't need sugar. Rooibos (red tea) is really mild and comes in different flavors. This isn't a sweet snack but it helps a little bit.
  • dearannna
    dearannna Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth and used to eat a LOT of of cakes, sweets, chocolate etc. Because I had a hard time controlling myself eating those foods I pretty much cut them out for a few months which a) made me realise I didn't need the sugar as much asti thought I did and b) made my sweet tooth much more sensitive. Roasted vegetables taste so sweet and delicious now, as do things like tomato and sweetcorn, and fruit is SO good - I'm completely obsessed with Asian pears at the moment.

I get that cutting sugar for a while isn't going to be for everyone but it was really positive for me.
  • Rmntrose
    Rmntrose Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hersheys chocolate bars...the ones you can break into little pieces...help me. I can break off a little piece and savor it. Allow a piece or two a day (if you like chocolate) so that you know your treats are not going away. Other than that ( or whatever treat you decide to keep) get rid of all other unhealthy snacks. Fruit might help satisfy your sweet tooth also.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,943 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. Initially I nixed the sweets completely and now I do consume some periodically but do slide from time to time and have to be more proactive otherwise I could slide a lot of chocolaty goodness down my gullet on a continual basis.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth, too. I haven't got this down yet, but fruit and fruit flavored snacks give me some sweetness and i have room for them in my calorie goal, or I have a small piece of something I crave. That is harder for me. I am tempted to eat more. I am not putting anything off limits, just being careful about how many calories,
  • mcallister1012
    mcallister1012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the feed back !
  • 7aneena
    7aneena Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe here for a single serving devil's food cake for ~150 calories
    If I'm craving sweets I budget enough calories for it and just enjoy it, and since it's single portion I don't have to worry about eating a whole cake :yum: