Breakfast Ideas

Options
Can anyone give me some breakfast ideas please? I am pretty much eating the same thing every day...and it gets boring...

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,567 Member
    Options
    I ate breadless turkey club sandwiches for breakfast today. That's different!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Ummm today I had a 4 berry protein smoothie and 4 scrambled egg whites with garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes, sauted mushrooms and salsa.

And I'm taking to work a banana wrap. It's a white tortilla spread with peanut butter and Nutella and I wrapped it around a whole banana.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My go-to is a berry smoothie with banana, ground flaxseed, spinach, plain greek yogurt, half a scoop of protein powder and some water. I drink it on my way to work and it keeps me full for a couple of hours...yum!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat left overs from the day before.
  • girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You can eat anything for breakfast, and what you choose depends in your time and preparedness. I usually make a 6 serving fritata on the weekend, and have that a few days. This week was mushroom, onion, potato, chicken. And then some days I male sweet potato hash browns in the waffle iron, or egg salad, or hot dogs, or whatever. I try not to have fruit with breakfast, but sometimes I will have cherry tomatoes with my eggs. Its delish.

Edit for spelling.
  • BenjaminS_Fitness
    BenjaminS_Fitness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i usually go for 100g of kelloggs with 0.1% milk.
    on a cut maybe 2eggwhites 2whole eggs with some basil, oregano, veggies, sri racha and a cup of oats with some blueberries on the side.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I usually have a coffee, an egg sandwich on whole wheat bread or a protein smoothie.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Sausage and egg sandwich. Good quality sausages, large fried egg, bread and plenty of ketchup. Job done!
  • pope66682
    pope66682 Posts: 249 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner...why not dinner for breakfast?

I'd love a couple tacos when I wake up
  • kimmid70
    kimmid70 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually have either a hard boiled egg (I make a few up every few days) and either a light english muffin or bagel thin. Or I have some egg whites w/ low fat cheese and turkey sausage mixed in and I microwave it at work. Or you can microwave an egg and have it on the bagel or english muffin.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    quinoa is a great breakfast option as its healthy and full of protein...will keep you full longer.

I do rolled oats, with some fruit, small amount of butter (1/2tsp), nut butter, cinnamon, flax seed and honey. layer it and nuke it...soo good! so fast and convenient...make it at work all the time.

also I do protein shakes as well... I normally use hemp protein but I just bought pumpkin seed protein...looking forward to try that out.

• fataalic
    fataalic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Eat left overs from the day before.

RodaRose,
    That's funny. Very tempting to eat leftovers :D
  • fataalic
    fataalic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. Some very interesting ideas. I will most definitely try them.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast burritos and freeze them, pull them out the night before the thaw and then cook in oven or microwave.
  • benbrizz
    Options
    Cook up a serving of rolled oats. While there's still some water left in the pot add an egg white and stir it in until it sets. Then add 1/2 cup of pumpkin pure. Then add 1/2 scoop of protein powder of your choice. Stir it all together then remove from heat and pour it into a bowl. Top with blueberries, sliced banana, and a few teaspoons of peanut butter. This is the bomb breakfast!

Ben Brizzell
    benbrizzell.com
  • RainDrops930
    RainDrops930 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie for breakfast- it consists of plain fat-free greek yogurt, frozen berries, half a frozen banana, and some kale (for added nutrition, trust me you don't even taste it). It is high in vitamins, calcium, protein, and the kale also contains iron. Also, it's delicious!
  • TrolleyRide
    TrolleyRide Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    green eggs and ham! (Serious, I have eaten this before.)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I had pumpkin pancakes with Greek yogurt for breakfast today. Yesterday I had half of a pumpkin spice bagel with Greek yogurt on the side. The day before that it was a veggie and cheese omelet. And the day before that was a peach protein shake.
  • ChelseyMcCaughey
    ChelseyMcCaughey Posts: 6 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I like to have an English Muffin 120 cal with light butter 30 cal. And a small side of fruit (grapes, cantaloupe, a banana, etc.) I like to keep breakfast around 200 calories.

I also like the southwestern egg beaters with a small sprinkle of cheese. I can eat these alone/with salsa or make a breakfast sandwich. 1/4 cup is roughly 25 calories (off the top of my head) And very yummy!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Today I had two eggs whisked with dill, sea salt, and white pepper, then soft-scrambled in yogurt butter; I had an orange on the side. Yesterday I had paper-thin slices of hard salami wrapped around slices off a wedge of Laughing Cow Swiss and scallions, plus more coffee. Monday (I think) I had apple slices, a slice of lightly dry-fried ham, and an egg over-easy.

I like eggs so when I'm having breakfast (which isn't every day) I eat them sometimes, but most of my breakfasts contain stuff that isn't traditionally breakfast-y. It keeps things interesting, uses up leftovers, and helps me start out with protein instead of sticking to higher-carb stuff like cereal and toast. Try some good deli meats, a cheese you like, some fruit, or just... something you like but usually eat at lunch or dinner.