My Road to 160lbs

Options
Would love the support... feel free to add me. I get on track with using my fitness pal then after a few weeks I stop being consistent because I don't have friends that are going through the same journey I am. My goal is to lose 100lbs. I've dropped around 27 so far. :-) It would be great to have people to chat with and share some of the same ups & downs I am experiencing. Back in April I began documenting my Journey on a Facebook page: Road to 160: My Weight Loss Journey..... Towards the end of April I abruptly stopped documenting because I felt alone and felt like I had no support.... I want this bad, but it's hard when you feel alone..... So I'm reaching out... Please add me here as well as my Facebook page. I'm ready to log back on and show you all my daily ups & downs... I'm doing a half marathon this Sunday, would love the adds & cheering on.
Flag Quote ·

Replies

• hattie1379
    Options
    Hey there! First off, congrats on the 27 lbs! You're over a quarter of the way there! We seem to have the same goal of 160 lbs. I am brand new to this site and I suffer from the same motivation problems. I will go really hard for a 2 weeks and then back track and lose my motivation. This time I need it to be different. I have lost weight in the past when I have gained it. My normal weight fluxuates between 155 and 160. I have, on 3 occasions, gained over 50 lbs. Once from a break up, twice during pregnancies. I am a stress eater and have been since childhood. After I had my son 3 months ago, I was 20 lbs away from my goal. I have gained 20 lbs so now I am 40 lbs away. I was very upset, discouraged and depressed, but I had a long talk with my husband and after I saw how upset he was that I was so upset i decided to get my butt in gear. I am starting the Focus T25 dvd set on November 1st. For now I am eating right and exercising 25-40 mins a day 4-5 days a week. I want to log my food and exercise EVERY DAY, but I do feel like I need to be accountable to someone other than myself (because I will say, "Meh, tomorrow."), and to my husband ( because he will say, "It's ok honey, no one is perfect."). So if you want to talk throughout your journey, please let me know! We can exchange emails if you would like. Good luck. Hope to hear from you!
  • Lecheyl
    Lecheyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks! And awesome job to you as well for gaining the motivation to start! Last year I was so motivated, dropped 60lbs but through my own issues with emotional eating I gained it all back plus more :-( in April I hired a personal trainer. We work out together 2-3 times per week. I feel like I could have lost more weight since April but those struggles with food are so hard.. I am now just beginning to learn to overcome it but it's a slow process... I was tracking my meals on here pretty good for a while but always end up falling off due to lack of support.. I finally decided to reach out for friendship and encouragement. So I thank you for replying!!! I would love to talk throughout this journey. I'll be watching for your logs :-) and message you if I don't see them :-) I'm a manager so I definitely know how to hold people accountable.. Ha! lol....
  • TrainerLB
    TrainerLB Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great work ladies on your success! Feel free to email me for motivation. :) you're not alone and there are lots of people on here who would love to hear about your stories and share in your journey. Never give up.
  • Lecheyl
    Lecheyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!