P90x..Thinking about doing it. Thoughts? Experiences?

Options
I'm wondering...How hard is p90x? Can anyone do it? I've heard horror tales of how difficult it is, and I think I could push myself, but I'm not much of an endurance exerciser. Most of my weight lifting is with more weight less reps, and I can't run more than 2 miles on a 6mph speed without feeling like I'm going to pass out.
I'd really like to try it but I don't want to waste my money and find myself stuck and unable halfway through it.

Replies

• jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I started it twice, and never entirely got through it. It's not too difficult at all. But it's very time consuming (1 to 1.5 hours 6x per week)... And to me, it was boring. I only made it through 60 days out of 90 because as soon as the weather became nice outside, I couldn't stay inside to watch the videos, I wanted to go out for a run or bicycle ride! I found the cardio parts too easy for me.

Anyway, good luck! I know many people have had success with P90x but it's just not for me, I get bored too easily!
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    But you'll definitely be able to do it, it's not really difficult
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It is hard if you try and keep up with the people in the video. You can modify the exercises and pace yourself to get through it. The ab workout is really hard. By the end of the first run through I was pretty much able to do everything that they could in the videos except for a couple of the yoga moves. At the start it was friggen hard.
  • kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Agreed, it really isn't that hard if you go at your own pace but it is effective if you push yourself. If you try to be exactly like everyone in the videos the first day, it will be bad. However, it is very time consuming. This is where most people usually have the most problems with it. Maybe just have some other options that are 30-45 minutes on days you just can't seem to get an hour and a half of yoga in (I HATE the yoga!!!).
  • rgauthier20420
    rgauthier20420 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The workout can be as hard or as easy as you want it to be. The whole point of it is to challenge yourself at every turn. There are moves for the beginner and for the advanced, so you will definitely be able to do it!

I did maybe the 1st 60 days of it at one point and I really liked the workouts. I ended up just doing the workouts myself after awhile. You have the printout sheets in hand anyways, so there's no reason to rest the same time as the video says to. Some of the rests are a lot longer than they should be in my opinion. For most of the lifting type workouts, I could get through the workouts in about 40 minutes which ain't bad. Personally, it had a great effect of my body figure and tone. If I was seriously paying attention to diet and actually doing the cardio ones too, I was lazy sometimes ;), then it would have had an amazing effect.

Good luck!
  • anzi888
    anzi888 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's not THAT bad. Seems like many stall out at the 60 day mark. I did too. I didn't follow the schedule religiously either because of other activities but I did do all the workouts anyway (would take me 3 weeks to complete 2 weeks of workout). I liked the results.

Is it worth the money? I would say it depends on what kind of workouts you like to do. Check out a few youtube videos before buying the set or borrow it from someone and take a look.

Like other have said: don't try to follow the people in the video. Go at your own pace.
  • herewego85
    Options
    I did the Insanity workouts for almost 2 months. I tried to start running after that thinking if I could do Insanity that I could run. I was wrong LOL. If you can already run 2 miles you are doing great. I would try to look up some of the P90X videos online and check them out before you make your decision. I think you would be fine as long as you go at your own pace and don't go all out right off the bat. Good luck!
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    P90X is not difficult, but the workouts are about 60 minutes each (Yoga is 90 minutes!). P90X3 was more fun and the workouts were only 30-45 minutes each. More intense in order to fit a good workout in that time frame.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I was horribly overweight and out of shape when I started P90X the first time. It kicked the crap out of me but I completed it and had great results. I lost about 25lbs in 3 months and put on a lot of muscle. I had some good start, 30 day, 60 day, and 90 day progress pics but I can't seem to lay my hands on them at the moment.