Night Binging!

I have this terrible problem where I eat healthy for a few days then, one night, binge bad enough to completely nullify my week's defecit! I'm not gaining anything but I'm not losing anything either and it's very frustrating. I'm not even hungry when I eat! I just can't help it and I don't know why. Since we never have good food in the house, I only binge on healthy things (fruit, meat, yogurt, protein powder) It's ridiculous!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    so don't

go for a walk instead - have a bath

just stop

or you won't lose any weight
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    you're either eating your feelings or trying to sustain too large a deficit...
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Agreed either you need to eat more during the day or you just need to control the cravings. Its not easy but sometimes the only thing you can do is resist and control those cravings. If you want the weight loss bad enough you will do it. Also try going to sleep earlier that way you dont have time to binge.
  • TomMalone2015
    TomMalone2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Yes I have the same problem. And it's definitely a mental problem. It's like I'm a whole different person some nights and I just have no control and all I can think about is eating. Anything.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Did you try allowing space for a "real snack" each night and time it shortly before bed? Like a brownie and milk (that's my nightly) or real ice cream or something? If you *know* you're having a treat at *whatever time* each night, would it help you to just "wait" for the snack? I'm an evening/night eater in general and I NEED to eat right before bed to feel full. Then I'm not hungry again until dinner the next day, typically.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    I've been able to get rid of this most of the time by....

-Not keeping too much junk in the house that I like
    -saving calories for night time eating
    -taking a pic of my daily cardio and when I want to go eat, look at it. 8 cookies can destroy 65 min of tough cardio.
    -v8 low sodium small can usually gets my salt craving. I don't like it but I lose the craving.
    -crystal light peach tea gets my sugar craving...don't like it either but a small amount does the trick
    -Another trick for me, start with an apple and full glass of water. Wait 20 min. Still want to eat? Greek yogurt with glass of green tea. Wait 20. Still want to eat? Pretzels and pineapple cream cheese with full glass of water. If that doesn't do it, I acknowledge I've had plenty and go to bed. Sometimes I will just eat ice cream/brownie or whatever and get it out of my mind.
    -sometimes, I chug a glass of water and go back to gym to walk or walk outside. I know I'm not hungry.
    -sudoku
    -clean/organize something
    -watch a show about being overweight. That can fix me and make me want to run to exercise.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    292nxh8z833x.jpg
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    292nxh8z833x.jpg

Lol, newbies working through topics instead of "recents" create zombies. They answer, which moves post to recents, where everyone starts commenting again. And yes, I know I'm stating the obvious to people who already know about the phenomenon. This is more for the ones who get caught