In need of simple lunch ideas

Options
I am stuck for lunch ideas...anyone have anything simple?
I don't like sandwiches and we don't have much in the house as we do the shopping tomorrow and I am a fit fussy :\

Replies

• HBMairi
    HBMairi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have soup with a shredded chicken breast added :)
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had chickpeas and two chopped boiled eggs with hot sauce, because that's all we had.
    Lunch is what you make of it. Why not just make extra dinner and have that?
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Tuna, jacket pot, beans on toast, boiled eggs?
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    unless we know what you have in stock, can't recommend...and you're fussy? Sorry, can't help you, unless you want to buy something...I usually do a HUGE salad when I can't figure out what I want...i end up having a lil bit of EVERYTHING thrown in there...
  • grantevans11
    grantevans11 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    An omelette is a quick fix, you can also put pretty much whatever you want in it! I like to put some white onion and chorizo sausage in my omelette to bulk them up a bit.
  • girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    We have leftovers a lot, some times I make my husband "BLT" roll ups with bacon, lettuce, and turkey, with homemade mayo, I had a small avacado, onion, and shrimp salad with a homemade lime dressing one day thus week. I have in the past had random things from the fridge due to lack or creativity. A boiled egg, leftover chicken, tomatoes, fruit. I keep Applegate hotdogs around for meals I have never energy to make. 2 hotdogs, carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, and fruit is delish but so simple.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Sirloin steak and chips. Jubbly!
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    Options
    I love jackets but I eat them too often, they are getting a bit boring :smile:
    But now I fancy an omelette but I have no eggs :\
  • MindSetBrenda
    MindSetBrenda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I buy a lot of green giant steamers, their lot of different ones. Their only a $1.oo a box here. Then throw on a piece of salmon, or morning star black bean burger.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    The past few days I've been eating rice & putting veggies on top & a bit of cheese.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    skip lunch.
    you have no plan,maybe you will plan better for the future after being mildly hungry.
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    KayleighIsGoingFatToFit Posts: 203 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thank you for all your ideas :smile:

cw106 wrote: »
    skip lunch.
    you have no plan,maybe you will plan better for the future after being mildly hungry.
    Nice healthy advice there! :\

• walker306
    walker306 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My husband grills about 5+lbs of chicken thighs and legs for the week. I usually take one or two pieces to work with me for lunch with an apple.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    My lunch today will be:
    • One can Goya black beans
    • One bag Purdue Short Cuts chicken
    • One bag Uncle Ben's 90-second rice

The longest part is rinsing the beans. Heat all until warm, add Sriracha as needed. Or wanted.

All told, 1010 Calories, 15g fat, 95g protein, 152g carbs, and 27g fiber.
  • eldamiano
    Options
    Big burger?
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I often make a pot of turkey chili (ground turkey, crushed tomatoes, onions, bell peppers) on Sundays and take it for lunch every weekday. I'm weird in that I don't need a lot of variety for lunch and I never get sick of it. If it's not chili it's homemade chicken soup with really ample portions of chicken.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Lorleee wrote: »
    I often make a pot of turkey chili (ground turkey, crushed tomatoes, onions, bell peppers) on Sundays and take it for lunch every weekday. I'm weird in that I don't need a lot of variety for lunch and I never get sick of it. If it's not chili it's homemade chicken soup with really ample portions of chicken.

Oh and beans of course! Kidney and black. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    MrsScott02 wrote: »
    Thank you for all your ideas :smile:

cw106 wrote: »
    skip lunch.
    Nice healthy advice there! :\

actually not a bad idea.

I won't go out to eat if I don't have anything- either I pack my lunch or I forget/don't have food.

Which means- I don't eat. I only go out to eat on purpose- when I know we are doing it.

It's not unhealthy to skip a meal. I skip them all the time.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I do canned soup most days (because I can keep it stocked in my cubby at work, and it's mostly low calorie and filling). Progesso and Campbells make some fantastic soups. TODAY, I'm eating leftovers from last nights dinner. :)
  • eldamiano
    Options
    What about a KFC variety meal? Cant get much simpler than that.....