I am very new! Support anyone?

Options
Hi all! I just started MFP about a week ago. My first weigh in is tomorrow and i am nervous! I would love to be active in this community but have no idea where to start. I have lost some weight before but was still pretty chubby and have gained some back. I am hoping for another go at weight loss and would absolutely love any form of encouragement, advice, friends. Anything and everything! I'm ready to do this :)

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! My best advise to you is to do your own research if someone tells you to do this or do that don't take them at their word for it their information may not be accurate.

Other advise as far as getting healthy is figuring out what you like about your favorite foods to try to find healthy versions of those foods. This has helped me stay on track because I love pasta's and Pizza and because of a medical condition I have to be low carb and as gluten free as I can get.

Good luck with your journey. And don't compare yourself to others there will always be someone who is doing better than you or who works out more than you, so compare yourself to yourself not to others.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have been here for over 600 days. Bad or good I log my food. It is an excellent site if you use it. If you are motivated feel free to add me.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Log on every day
    Track your progress
    Track your calories.

First, go here: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Set up your MFP profile and your goals.

Start eating right and pay attention to the numbers.

You have already done the first step. You will build your friends through this thread.

Find an exercise program/routine and stick to it. Were all here to motivate and direct you.

This is a lifestyle change and you will get to know others who have changed their lifestyle as well.

Most people who change their lifestyle like all of us have here, you wont have support from those you live or work with.

We are all here for you, and eachother.

Welcome!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Don't forget regular exercise! I've been slacking recently but I love running. Find something that you enjoy and repeat it often!
  • LilyandO
    LilyandO Posts: 20
    Options
    Log on every day
    Track your progress
    Track your calories.

First, go here: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Set up your MFP profile and your goals.

Start eating right and pay attention to the numbers.

You have already done the first step. You will build your friends through this thread.

Find an exercise program/routine and stick to it. Were all here to motivate and direct you.

This is a lifestyle change and you will get to know others who have changed their lifestyle as well.

Most people who change their lifestyle like all of us have here, you wont have support from those you live or work with.

We are all here for you, and eachother.

Welcome!

This! And welcome to MFP!

You will have tough days and easy days. But be kind to yourself on the tough and easy days :) You are making a massive change to your body and a bigger one to your mindset and lifestyle. Good luck and you will do this!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Good luck. It does work if you stick with it (I'm down 90 lbs this way). Feel free to add me.
  • MrMaxOut
    MrMaxOut Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Log Log Log . It's important to log as you go. I say this because by doing so you can prevent costly choices. if you haven't done so already download the app for your tablet or mobile device this makes logging as go you allot easier. Remember no one is perfect and Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was your body so just stay focused and even if you slip get back up and carry on. Add me if you like and Good Luck