Almost gave up....

Options
I almost fell off the wagon.
I almost gave up.
I almost opted for the "easy" way.

But something in my head last night damn near snapped and I realized (Possibly again) that I am the only one who can do this. I am the only one who can take responsibility for what I do, what I eat.

It started with giving up on Keto. Then I gave up on lowering my carbs. Then I almost gave up on tracking.

But last night a friend looked at me and said "Wow you can really see that you are losing weight." And something in my head snapped. I got angry. REALLY angry with myself.

This is the ups and downs of doing something really hard.

So here I am, with a real check in. Holding myself accountable.

Yes I almost gave up. But no more. Keto was working. I could see it working. It's time to stop being so afraid of change and accept that this is a change I need. I know I don't want to slip out of my comfortable rut. But if I'm going to lose the weight, if I'm going to get control of my body, regardless of how much love and support I receive, it's on me. And me alone.

As of right now I weigh 398.4 lbs (Ok.... well that was a nice present, as much as I've been screwing up lately).

And I'm taking control again.

Replies

• shhcher
    shhcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow, Great motivation for me right here! Your right about its up to us to control what goes in this mouth and YES, its really hard for some people (me). I know for me, keto works great, but for now, I need to control my calorie intake. Thats my goal right now. Good job for your reality check! And thanks for sharing! You definately made me think!