Need Friends that will stay on my *kitten*!

Options
I only have 15-20 lbs to lose but because I am not too overweight looking I am seriously slacking. I look fine in clothes but I am not happy when I undressed. I really need some support and motivation to reach my goal.

Replies

• focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to MFP..You're definitely in the right place. I only had 17lbs to lose and found my friends on here were exactly what I needed to keep my butt going. Feel free to add me. I'm always on :) Good luck to you!!! You can do it!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Stay on your own *kitten*!

Seriously, if you can't motivate yourself, no one else can do it for you.

WTF, a.s.s. is a censored word now?! smdh...
  • mbbseb
    mbbseb Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Anne, We do need motivation from others. Watching others lose weight, exercising and eating right will motivate you. Your MFP's can help you as long as you want this and you need to log on daily. I found that you need to get in the habit of logging in and tracking my food daily. When I noticed that I was not losing then I started weighing and measuring everything and the weight has started to move. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi Anne, I have about the same amount to lose. I'm going to add you. :smiley:
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have around 19lbs to lose. I understand what you mean needing support and motivation. That is what this site is for after all. Its night when you hit a plateau to have others to bounce ideas off of or to read their success stories from when they pushed through.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I always need that!
    I'll send you a message. :)
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    Same here... I'll stay on yours if you can stay on mine!
  • StephanieT0602
    StephanieT0602 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been exactly where you are. I only had 20 lbs to lose when I started. It's taken a while but I'm down 19 and I'd like to push myself further and lose another 5 lbs. It's a slow process when you don't have a lot to lose but having supportive friends help. Feel free to add me. I'm on here daily :)
  • chalk_and_chaturangas
    Options
    AnneHelm wrote: »
    I only have 15-20 lbs to lose but because I am not too overweight looking I am seriously slacking. I look fine in clothes but I am not happy when I undressed. I really need some support and motivation to reach my goal.

Hi Anne! How do you figure you have 15-20 lbs to lose? Are you simply unhappy with your appearance (as it sounds) or are you medically overweight? If you're not medically overweight and just looking to change your aesthetics, might I suggest not focusing on losing lbs, per se, but rather building muscle and toning? Muscle is more dense than fat, so by building muscle and burning fat, your weight may not change much but your body composition will change to be much leaner. Just my two cents : )
    Feel free to send me a friend request. I'm happy to help in any way I can : )

• AnneHelm
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's positive feedback. I am a stay at home mom, and a full time student online. I guess I just need to surround myself with like minded people because these kids don't want me going to the boring gym. lol.
  • Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's positive feedback. I am a stay at home mom, and a full time student online. I guess I just need to surround myself with like minded people because these kids don't want me going to the boring gym. lol.

its easier to STAY motivated when you surround yourself with motivated people! That is the biggest reason I left the womens gym I was a member at for a larger gym. I pay more yeah, but there are always people there working out really head. Motivates me to be like them! :)
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options

Welcome, add me. I stay on yours if you stay on me. I was out from Feb to the middle of Sept... I put on a "few" pounds. Looking to lose about 10-15lbs, but Dec 31st.

Your words are EXACTLY how I feel. when I look in the mirror... I look form the neck up... Not happy at all.

• AnneHelm
    Options
    jlafowler wrote: »

its easier to STAY motivated when you surround yourself with motivated people! That is the biggest reason I left the womens gym I was a member at for a larger gym. I pay more yeah, but there are always people there working out really head. Motivates me to be like them! :)

That is easier said than done! Hahaha. Before the littlest was born I had so much more freedom. Boohoo. I am done complaining today. Thank you everyone!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I Totally understand! That is how I was my whole life. Then after a miscarriage I started gaining and kept gaining. (like pregnancy weight minus pregnancy) and I finally HAD IT! Its hard when others say "you look fine" but you know you're not.

We are here to help!!!!
    I lost 17 and gained a few back over the summer... time to get rid of those again!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am a stay at home mom too. It is challenging at times. I like being accountable to others helps me get back when I get a meassage where are you! What are you doing? Etc. I love all my peeps they are wonderful! Add me I always like to biggerer and biggerer my friends group!
  • fitmomforu
    fitmomforu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Garenteed!
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!!!!