5'4" women

Options
2»

Replies

• goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am 55 years old and 5'4 1/2". At a young age, such as most of you, I weighed between 120 - 125 lbs and felt fantastic.I did cardio and weight training. I look back at those pictures now and feel like I looked anorexic! Gained a lot of weight while working an office job by myself. Just lost 47lbs and am down to 150. For some reason I am wearing the same size I did when I was younger (size 6/8) . I am doing cardio at the moment and will start weight training in the fall.Although my Doctor wants me to get down to 135, I'm not sure that I want to. Feeling good about myself and have had great response from friends and family who feel that I don't need to lose any more weight, as well. Not sure this will help. Hope it does.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    5'4'', 121. I'm pretty happy with my weight but I'm trying to lose body fat rather than weight. My "goal" is 115 and 14% body fat - my at fitness modle level. Right now I'm between 17 and 18% body fat. I'll eat between 1600 and 2050 calories (my TDEE for normal workout weeks). I tried 1200 and I was always hungry - it's just not enough to sustain me for the amount of exercise I do (even with eating back exercise calories).

I workout 4 - 6 days a week with a mix of cardio and heavy lifting.
  • brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    143 :( want to get down to 134 and maintain that or go lower but at the mo 134 is my dream target weight
  • MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 27 yrs old, and just hit my goal of 145 today (very curvy, medium build). I do believe I'll be loosing another 10 lbs, just to see how I feel at 135 . I'm eating anywhere from 1200 - 1500cals/day. No exercise lately but I'll be working on that when I can.
  • emilyruth4
    emilyruth4 Posts: 10
    Options
    5'4" 25 y/o and weigh 148. started at 172 and starting to really feel great about my body but my goal is 135. its been slow and some days really hard. I workout a lot but my food intake and choices are my biggest down fall. My calorie intake is 1390.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" (actually, 5' 3.5") and 41 years old. I started the year at 155, the most I've ever weighed (aside from when I was pregnant). I was 132 before each of my pregnancies, and I'd love to get back down that low but I don't know if I can maintain it at this age. I'm at 140 now and am hoping to at least make it to 135.

I sit most of the time at a desk job, but I've started doing a 30 minute workout most mornings. I did really well eating 1200 calories for the first few months of the year, before I started working out. But then I stopped losing. Now that I'm working out, I've increased calories to about 1350 (+ eating back exercise calories). The weight is still coming off but much slower than it was earlier in the year. 135 seems very far away!
  • jenswan70
    jenswan70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and a little more. At 42, I'm trying to maintain between 145 -150. I don't like how old my face looks when I weigh less than that. I've gained a little, so I'm working my way back down to 150.
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Im 5"4 and three quarters

I'm a large build and I think I look pretty ripped when im at 125(I show abs below 130). I'm at 135 now and am planning on cutting back down to 125. I lift in the mornings and when I need to lose weight I do cardio in the afternoon twice a week

I am at 121 and still no abs, where do you carry your weight at? Mine is all in my gut. :grumble:

Yeah I'm definitely a pear shape and I really am a larger build, my feet are size 10 and I barely squeeze into large womens lifting gloves (I think I need to start buying mens gloves) Also keep in mind you need to have abs to make them show, try putting your hands on your stomach and flexing, see if you can feel your individual abs, if not you may need to do some weighted ab work to get some size there.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining low 130s around 2000 calories. This is the best I've felt/looked but I'd like to lose a few more lbs of fat....forgot to say I lift 3 days per week and 2 days cardio. Walking on the weekends :)
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i am 5'3.5" and currently about 132-133, medium frame, pear-ish shape...i would like to be 128-129 which is where i was 2 years ago before i got pregnant...i was happiest at that point...i aim to eat about 1500+ exercise calories and i run 4-6 days/week :)
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'3 cluster.

My lowest was 122. Got there for a hot second while I was still breastfeeding. Eating around 2000 calories and working out 5-6 days a week an hour at most. Purely cardio. The second I started pushing myself more and running harder I started gaining. Stopped breastfeeding, gained. Etc.

I've been around 135 eating 1700 calories and working out 7 hours a week. That seems to be my maintence level. Now I'm 142 eating around 1700 calories. Hoping to get back down to 135. We shall see!! I can't seem to find a good calorie level. I workout hard. But I've tried 1500-2000 calories and it almost doesn't seem to matter!

Thanks , I'm sure I haven't really helped but that's my story!

Also I have a body media and it says I burn at LEAST 2000 calories a day and on workout days 2500-2800.