Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    synchrony7 wrote: »
    CdnRower wrote: »
    Mentioned this in another post the other day... Whenever I have sweets, I have a personal contract with myself that I have to do 100 burpees the next day. It will never offset the calories ingested, it's just meant as a deterrent :) I think this was what the OP was trying to say. Pushups and burpees are not a free pass for junk food but you could be doing worse things :)

Thanks you got it. Other people might not respond to this type of thing, but I think I will. If I could just log accurately at night when I'm tired, yes it wouldn't be an issue, just like if someone was having trouble swearing and you told them "this swearing jar idea is stupid, you just have to stop swearing".

Edit: I think I like burpees even better... those are harder than pushups :smile:
    You realize how buff you'll end up if this push up burpee challenge works? :wink:

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    For me it would have to be something I'd despise doing. So if I was challenged, then say I have to sit in church for an hour. Or do water class for an hour.
    I would think the deterrent should be something that's unlikeable by the person.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    10703509_10152747153216224_5853319687643640257_n.jpg?oh=014c2b6fb3cf0896ca656590f4fa27d5&oe=54F18905

I LOVE This! In for Daffy and chocolate!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I use silly rules too, in order to prolong the time between thinking "I'm feeling peckish" to eating the snack. It's all about changing habits and prevent mindless "hoarding and eating".

As stated above it's not calorie for calorie. More a symbolic gesture to remind me of how fast I can shove 500 kcal of snacks into my body, compared to the roughly 1 hour of pretty intense workout at the gym I must do to burn it off.

Whatever works for you, hon ;)