help me know my numbers!

Options
Help me good MFPers!

It was pointed out to me in a post that my calorie goal per day wasn't right. Since then I have looked at what feels like a billion sites plugging in my numbers and they all tell me different things.

I am 33, female, 5'3", 144lbs. I have a full time desk job and for the last month I have been doing weightlifting 3 times a week and running on s treadmill 3 times a week as I'm training for a 10k in November. I reckon I'm doing about 3 hours exercise a week.

I would love it if people could help me with what my calorie allowance should be. I would like to lose weight, but still be able to have a decent performance in my exercise.

All replies welcomed!!

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Do you have any idea how much you are currently eating? If so, drop that by 3-500 calories. If not, track your normal for a week or so to see what you're eating to maintain your current weight, and drop from their. That's a much better gage than a random number a stranger may throw at you!
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been eating around 1500-1600...if I drop that I will be eating 1200-1300 and even I know that's not enough to support 3 hours of exercise a week. So far the calories I have been recommended range between 1300-2100 in order to lose according to the stats I put in!!
  • philwrightfitness
    Options
    Well, I have been eating around 1500-1600...if I drop that I will be eating 1200-1300 and even I know that's not enough to support 3 hours of exercise a week. So far the calories I have been recommended range between 1300-2100 in order to lose according to the stats I put in!!

Are you losing weight on 1600? If you are not drop your cals by around 5% no more than 10% , and monitor the results.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you can't lose you must either eat less or exercise more.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Ok, I went to 2 different websites (iifym & Scooby) and according to that you're tdee -20% is an average of 1550 calories a day. Hopefully I'm not mistaken, but if I am, somebody will correct me. :flowerforyou: