Jeans are of the devil

Options
So in losing weight I don't want to spend the money on new clothes, but I am in the need of new jeans. I headed to my local Thrift store, and scored two beautiful long sleeve black sweaters, black cardigan with the tag still on it, black skirt, and a red tank top. However I did say I needed jeans right? Grrrrr those blasted jeans. So I had one pair that should have fit, but were to big in the waist. The next pairs that were sized the same as the ones that to big were all either to small in the waist, or to short in the length (I'm 5'9") sigh. I ended up buying a pair of jeans with elastic in the waist, but at least were long enough grrrr. I keep telling myself that I won't be in these pair for long, and next time I go I will have more selection...lol. Stupid long legs...lol.

Replies

• cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yah, I love/hate jeans shopping.
    My problem now is having a pair fit perfectly fine in the dressing room, then getting them home and having them stretch out in a few hours. I bought two new pairs at retail and now they don't fit!
  • staceybradleywells
    staceybradleywells Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    oh that would drive me nuts.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Yes. Since I started losing weight, I only buy clothes at SA thrift store. However, the selecton is not to die for.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Just know that when you get to your goal, you are going to love shopping for jeans :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I've always had problems with jeans being too big in the waist if they fit over my butt and hips. I sew darts in them.
  • sparklefrogz
    sparklefrogz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Just know that when you get to your goal, you are going to love shopping for jeans :)

I'm 5'8.5", at my goal, and I still hate shopping for jeans. I have the same problems as the OP, and I believe it has to do with my build -- too big a difference between waist and hips, and too long in the legs compared to the models they base the patterns on. The only real solution I've found is...to not wear jeans. ;P
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

I'm 5'8.5", at my goal, and I still hate shopping for jeans. I have the same problems as the OP, and I believe it has to do with my build -- too big a difference between waist and hips, and too long in the legs compared to the models they base the patterns on. The only real solution I've found is...to not wear jeans. ;P

GAP curvy fit jeans in long length?

• staceybradleywells
    Options
    Yes I could not wear jeans. I will not be wearing jeans as much with a dress code change at work.
  • Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have the long legs problem too!!!!! Luckily I found jeans from my thinner days that I am currently wearing. Its one pair and some purple skinnies. Ill buy more later. But I have to dress up for work so I keep going to dresses and leggings than anything else!
  • staceybradleywells
    Options
    Yes. Since I started losing weight, I only buy clothes at SA thrift store. However, the selecton is not to die for.
    That's where I was today. That or Value Village, but I find VV has gotten expensive.