Still on a running high (beginner runner)

Options
Steph_135
Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
On October 3, I had a really really depressing day. By the morning of the 4th, I had decided to quit my negative streak and go for a run.

About 3 years ago, I tried running with the C25K program, and I ended up running 3 consecutive minutes before I injured my ankle and couldn't run anymore. In 2012, I got insoles for my shoes to help support my ankle when I walk.

Despite prior injury, I was determined to get out there and try running again, cause I was just fed up with everything. My first goal was to eventually make it to the end of the road (about 1.2 km). I ran for as long as my legs and lungs would take me, and I ended up running 1 km (.62 mi) in 7 m 49 s! I couldn't believe it!

Since then, I have been slowly increasing my distance, and today, on my 6th run, I ran for 11 m 21 s (1.7 km).

I am keeping track of it in my News Feed and my blog: http://goddessfitness.weebly.com/

Who else is still on a running high?

Replies

• blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I'm never not on a running high. It amazes me that I can run at all.

Your NSV is awesome, well done and keep up the good work! :-)
  • HMB_87
    HMB_87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well done Steph :)
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I was always too fat to run, whenever I tried everything jiggled and it hurt. Then I started swimming and lost about 30lbs. Since then You cant get me to stop running I absolutely love it. I think its because I couldn't run before so every time I get on the treadmill its like a reminder of how far I have come.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!