what's the silliest or most ridiculous thing that motivates you?

Options
1235»

Replies

• LadyHobbledehoy
    LadyHobbledehoy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Not being the fat sibling...

My husband is on here as well. He may read this post now, but whatevs. Since he's losing weight too, I don't want to be the bigger spouse. He's a guy; guys are naturally bigger than women. Not so much fat-wise necessarily, but, yeah, I don't want to be bigger than him by being fat. I want to just naturally be smaller than he.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    While I was losing, it was to be able to buy one winter coat which covered my butt, because it was soooo cold last winter. I'm mean. I only wanted to buy one, not have to buy a second one next year because I'd shrunk again.

Oh, and also to actually hear the Sound of Silence when my Mom sees my weight loss (~70 lbs) when she next sees me (she lives another continent away). To shut her up, even for 5 seconds, would be pretty cool.
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    My peer group in terms of age motivates me. I'm in my mid-40s, so seeing people that are my age that refer to themselves as "old" and are just allowing themselves to lapse into a less active lifestyle just makes me want to put on my running shoes and go running outside immediately.

I TOTALLY get this. I am 42, and I am not going down without a fight!