Being under protein on any given day

Options
If on any given day you are under protein, say half of what you should be getting for that day, will that compromise your fat loss? I know this will probably be the case if done often, but if you don't manage to get your 120gs of protein one day here and there, is that a huge deal breaker?

Replies

• OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    High amounts of protein have some role to play in maintaining muscle mass as you drop weight - meaning you lose more fat. However 120g is a lot of protein unless you are lifting weights on a regular basis - I consider my protein intake relatively high at 90-100g. What % do you have your macros set to? There's a point where more protein ceases to bring any particular benefits (apart from helping fill you up).

In answer to the actual question, no it will not compromise over all weightloss to occasionally not meet protein goals as long as you stay under your calorie goal
  • trungalung
    Options
    My protein intake is one gram per body weight in lbs, so 170g. You can always use supplement if you are constantly running short on protein intake with your diet.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I don't stress about the number, but I do notice I'm much hungrier on days when I miss the mark by a lot.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? Once in awhile it would be no big deal. Consistently, that's another story.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No, one day under is no big whup.