Calories in pizza?

Options
I'm going to an Italian pizza place (not a chain). I'm struggling to find how many calories it will be. It is going to be pepperoni and sausage pizza. I found one that is 385 calories a slice. Does this sound about right to you?

Replies

• khambo49
    Options
    Depends on size obviously and how many times the pizza is sliced. If you're having a whole 12" pizza then 1,500 calories seems about right
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yep - sounds pretty spot on. I mean unless the slices are really huge or tiny that is right in the range of any pizza I've logged.
  • kmurphy798
    Options
    khambo49 wrote: »
    Depends on size obviously and how many times the pizza is sliced. If you're having a whole 12" pizza then 1,500 calories seems about right
    I believe it's 14".
  • christinazaia
    christinazaia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    what are u talking about...there are no calories in pizza...enjoy lol mmmmm pizza ;)<3o:) no worries
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Find a chain website and see if you can find a similar pizza with calories listed (for the whole pizza, not a slice) and estimate for your pizza from there. Pizza makes me crazy because depending on type of crust, number of slices, how generous they are with cheese/other toppings,etc, it can vary wildly.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Ugh..I had this problem last night. The place had no nutrition info so I used Domino's nutrition info for the type and size of the pizza. I used "quick calories" on my logging and put 700 calories for two slices.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    rivka_m wrote: »
    Find a chain website and see if you can find a similar pizza with calories listed (for the whole pizza, not a slice) and estimate for your pizza from there. Pizza makes me crazy because depending on type of crust, number of slices, how generous they are with cheese/other toppings,etc, it can vary wildly.

That's what I do when we have local pizza - I find a chain then err on the side of high calories.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Slices of pizza around here are huge. With sausage AND pepperoni, it could be more than 385.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    kmurphy798 wrote: »
    I'm going to an Italian pizza place (not a chain). I'm struggling to find how many calories it will be. It is going to be pepperoni and sausage pizza. I found one that is 385 calories a slice. Does this sound about right to you?

Figure a medium is at least 2k calories per pie.
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right, sadly. Just pepperoni is fewer calories than sausage,so maybe stick to that.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the pizza as it can vary so much: the thickness of the base, amount of cheese, oil in the sauce, toppings...etc. I guess worst case scenario in calories for a pizza would probably be a thoroughly meat topped Domino's number so it might be worth taking a look at the calories on the database. You could also pick a less calorific topping and ask for less cheese if you wanted to have a bit more control.