What piece of clothing made you realize.....

Options
Falcon
Falcon Posts: 853 Member
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
I have this jacket that is a 3x and I was literally busting out of it last year. I stopped wearing it because it was almost too tight to wear and I had to do it up around the smallest part of my waist instead of around my bum.

It's almost too big for me now. Which makes me feel great about myself.

What piece of clothing made you realize you needed to do something about your weight?

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    <
    shock and dismay!!! My fave sweatshirt was too tight across the chest and I could no longer button my fave pair of old jeans.
  • astrostellar
    Options
    My ABU pants. They were issued to me when I was pretty skinny, and now they're practically cutting off my circulation, haha.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I had a pair of favorite jean capris that I wanted to take on vacation a few years back and I couldn't zip them. Now, they're baggy.
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    A swimsuit that I had bought the summer before that was a little too big. I tried to put it on the next summer and it was too tight all over. I ended up getting rid of it, but I should have kept the darn thing to see if it fits better now.
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Low-rise jeans were probably the first. I realized I had a muffin top. After that I realized that basically none of my clothes looked good on me, too fat for everything... :neutral_face:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My size 18 jeans getting too tight.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Jumping up n down to put on my jeans.
    Having to stuff my fat into my jeans so I could zip them up.
    Not being able to breathe cuz my bra was also too tight.
    :'(
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of my workpants were too tight and left marks. But what made me saddest was not being able to button my long wool coat that my hubby bought me. It is a little loose now!!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    When the next size up jeans I bought started getting tight. . . now they are looser than relaxed fit, and the smaller size jeans fit. :D
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ugh what didn't? Mostly it was my bra straps digging into my shoulders. But nothing fit or looked good on me.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    When I first met my boyfriend we went to his best friend's wedding in San Francisco. We went shopping for my dress together and found at a consignment shop this gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous, green dress that fit me perfectly. I got lots of compliments on it.

Fast forward two years, and I was attending my cousin's wedding. I decided to wear my favorite green dress for it. We were running a little late, and as I tried to get the dress on, I realized I couldn't even zip it up. But since we were out of time, my boyfriend and his mother gathered around me and helped me suck it up and get the thing zipped, and it took upwards of 15 mintues. It was embarrassing. :(

A few weeks later I realized I needed to buy all new pairs of pants because none of mine fit anymore. I had to get rid of a few because they wouldn't even go past my thighs. I went from a size 6 to a size 10 - 12.

So, then I decided I needed to lose a few pounds. I haven't tried to wear the dress again yet... maybe I should. I'm now down 12 lbs from then.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    A dress I wanted to wear for my brothers wedding :(
  • marciaholland77
    marciaholland77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Back before I lost 27 pounds, I couldn't get into my size 16 jeans. I can now and all my friends have started noticing I've lost weight ... :D
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My underwear. I splurged on some really comfortable stuff earlier this year and by summer it was looking pretty tight and rubbing in all the wrong places. Now it's almost too big! :)
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    The pants that I wore while 6 months pg wouldn't button... :[ said baby was 9 months old at the time.

• darlingnoire
    darlingnoire Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    When I couldn't fit into any of my expensive PVC club clothes anymore, especially a really cute corset top. :(
  • N3rdyBird_
    N3rdyBird_ Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My work uniform.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Ugh, everything. I could not hardly button or zip my size 28 jeans and when I went on vacation I had to buy 3XL shirts. And they fit. It was terrible. I'm now in size 22/24 jeans and 2XL shirts. Still a long way to go but I feel much better after dropping 52 pounds!
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything. :\ All of my clothes was getting too tight and it was really, really unflattering. My work clothes didn't fit so I looked pretty unprofessional. Now I can proudly say that everything drapes down nicely and I'm starting to look like I'm swimming in my clothes. It's almost time I go shopping for some new items.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I had to move up to a 4XL motorcycle jacket. I couldn't zip up the 3XL and still breathe. It was awful. That and a 3XL TShirt that looked like a tube top on me. Not a good look.