weigh in after vacation

Options
After vacationing I am scared of weighing in,especially after losing 55 lbs. Feel like I have failed if I gained.Need help moving forward.

Replies

• handyandy9x
    handyandy9x Posts: 93 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you have flown any great distance, I would wait at least 3-4 days before weighing in as I always bloat and gain a couple of pounds or so which is normally gone within a week, this will also help your body recover from any excess salt.
    Whatever, you will not have put on anything that you can't lose again....
  • rro4
    rro4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for info.,was planning on weigh in tomorrow morning.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh, lol. Get back on track and wait a few days.

Between eating crap, flying and being premenstrual, I gained like ten or twelve pounds in a week. It was UNpleasant seeing that.

About a week later, I was back to where I'd been.

And that's why I advise you to wait a bit before getting on the scale. I do have a giant mountain on my chart, though. I can say, "That's where I went on vacation." :)
  • rro4
    Options
    Did you have any carbs following week after vacationing
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I lost weight for my wedding back in 2008. We went to Cuba, 2 weeks all inclusive for our honeymoon..I had lots of rum and coke, and cocktails! I was pretty careful with what I ate, but had some ice-cream and mini pastries and things. I swam a lot, and did kayaking, snorkelling and windsurfing, but mainly lazed around sunbathing.
    When we got home (back to England) we ordered Dominos. I weighed myself the next day and had only gained a pound! I think that was because of the pizza!
    So, it may not be as bad as you imagine.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I once went on an all inclusive holiday and put on 16lbs in two weeks. I couldn't even be mad because I had such a good time and 16lbs was just hilarious. A couple of days after we got back and I was back in my routine I weighed myself again and I'd lost 14lbs! I'd ate, drank and been merry for two weeks and only ended up putting on 2 lbs that stuck.

I'm of the train of thought that holiday weight doesn't really count.
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well, there are many products are there through which you can reduce your unwanted weight which includes green tea, it is good way of reducing your body fats, it also helps you in improving your metabolism.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    If you do gain it would be water weight from high sodium foods.

I personally would get back to your normal exercising & eating regime for a week. After that week, then weigh... If anything could only be a few lbs which is nothing.

You will be bloating from say the alcohol, yummy foods, deserts etc!!

Drink lots of water!!!

I actually lost weight when I came back from Ibiza... Must have been dancing on all the tables in the bars hahahah!!!

Also I think with me exercising I hold water weight, as I work out min 5 days a week.
  • rro4
    Options
    Thanks to all for your replies! Will just be prepare for whatever the scale reads and with all your encouragement and suggestions, I know I can move forward.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I usually take a week or two to rebound from vacation. I never regret enjoying my vacation though. I personally weigh every day and it has helped me accept the fact that sometimes the scale goes up but it will eventually go down if I keep at it. Just get back to your routine and you will be back to where you were a couple weeks ago.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you have flown any great distance, I would wait at least 3-4 days before weighing in as I always bloat and gain a couple of pounds or so which is normally gone within a week, this will also help your body recover from any excess salt.
    Whatever, you will not have put on anything that you can't lose again....

This. If you've flown, either wait a few days, or lop 3-5 off the total.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Well, there are many products are there through which you can reduce your unwanted weight which includes green tea, it is good way of reducing your body fats, it also helps you in improving your metabolism.

How does tea reduce body fat?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Nope, this is not true.

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I think you should weigh in and go from there. Get back on track asap. Don't let it depress you. Who knows, you may be pleasantly surprised.