Great Tips from Jackie Wren

Options
Hello All,

I follow Jackie Wren (Davina personal trainer) on facebook and she posted some great healthy living / weight loss / diet tips this morning, so thought I'd share them with you (a lot of them are fairly obvious - but it's good to have a nice reminder now and then).

1.. Put 30mins in your diary for your training. You wouldn't avoid other important appointments in your day, so don't avoid this one.
2.. Have a good breakfast, even if it means getting up 20mins earlier. It will set you up for the day's healthy eating and stop you having mid morning snacks.
3.. Don't have junk food in the house. You are less likely to be tempted. Instead always have fruit/veg/cooked meat etc ready to pick at, if you have a snack attack
4., Keep a food and exercise diary. It will motivate you be mindful of what you eat and proud of your exercise efforts.
5.. Find a mate to exercise with and make it a laugh, find something you both enjoy doing, like walking,badminton,boxing,etc..
6.. Don't' beat yourself up if you have a day when you don't exercise and eat rubbish food.. Just put it behind you and make up for it the next day.

Have a lovely Friday XXX

Replies

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I think these are good tips for some people, but I personally don't really eat breakfast and it's never done me any harm. Same with no.5 I purposefully execise to get away from people.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I follow Jackie Wren (Davina personal trainer) on facebook and she posted some great healthy living / weight loss / diet tips this morning, so thought I'd share them with you (a lot of them are fairly obvious - but it's good to have a nice reminder now and then).

1.. Put 30mins in your diary for your training. You wouldn't avoid other important appointments in your day, so don't avoid this one.
    2.. Have a good breakfast, even if it means getting up 20mins earlier. It will set you up for the day's healthy eating and stop you having mid morning snacks.
    3.. Don't have junk food in the house. You are less likely to be tempted. Instead always have fruit/veg/cooked meat etc ready to pick at, if you have a snack attack
    4., Keep a food and exercise diary. It will motivate you be mindful of what you eat and proud of your exercise efforts.
    5.. Find a mate to exercise with and make it a laugh, find something you both enjoy doing, like walking,badminton,boxing,etc..
    6.. Don't' beat yourself up if you have a day when you don't exercise and eat rubbish food.. Just put it behind you and make up for it the next day.

Have a lovely Friday XXX

1) I don't keep a diary because I'm not a yuppy
    2) it doesn't matter when you eat
    3) I don't live in a vacuum nor do I live alone
    4) yep - MFP
    5) Nope - I'm competitive against myself and like the solitude
    6) agree

2 out of 6 for me

I think you'll find most people have their own ways of dealing
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    I think these are good tips for some people, but I personally don't really eat breakfast and it's never done me any harm. Same with no.5 I purposefully execise to get away from people.
    Me too!!
    My husband has suggested me running with a friend.......Oh hell no! I run to get away from people!! I am literally running away from social contact! I love doing my exercise by myself :)

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    ShortMrsN wrote: »
    Me too!!
    My husband has suggested me running with a friend.......Oh hell no! I run to get away from people!! I am literally running away from social contact! I love doing my exercise by myself :)

I think it's a runner thing maybe? My sister came with me once...never again.
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    ShortMrsN wrote: »
    Me too!!

I think it's a runner thing maybe? My sister came with me once...never again.
    It's MY time! No talking, no having to deal with others (except a smile and wave at others on the trail) my thoughts can run through my head uninterrupted!!!
    And I can listen to what ever music I want!! :smile: