a year of success

Options
So... after 19 years of piling the weight on something finally clicked and I felt I was ready to do something about the way I was.
On March 7th this year I joined this site and wrote down my particulars, these included my height at 5ft 6, and weight at just over 15stone. I was in large baggy clothes, size 18 trousers that threatened to burst with the next sneeze, and people thought I looked much older than I am (39).
I found the whole calorie counting thing great. I actually enjoyed weighing and measuring my portions - I was also shocked by how much I had been consuming :(.
Unsurprisingly I was well into the obese category and felt pretty low. I'd tried losing before and always gave up after three weeks however, for some reason this time was different. I don't know why or how but I was motivated to keep going.
I still don't have the slimline model type figure, my stomach still sags a bit but guess what.. I don't care. Today (and for the past two months) I weigh just under 11 stone, I am in the healthy weight category (top end admittedly but still in there). My trousers are comfortable size 12 and my tops are 12-14. I actually go in at the hips and I can see my toes when looking down :)
I am now happy where I am, I look and feel so much better, everyone has noticed such a difference and I am so more alive. I also know I wouldn't have done it without this site, keeping track has worked for me, it has given me the visual accountability that I needed.
This isn't the end of my journey by any means, this is just the start... but I'm enjoying every step of it :)

To all of you just starting, half way though or anywhere else, keep going, it can be done and it is so so worth it. I am lighter now than when when I first met my husband - something I never thought possible. I am also now the lightest in the house (barring the dogs!). So keep up the fabulous work everyone as you are all going great :)

Replies

• LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! You have done a fabulous job! Keep up the good work!