women 40 plus

I'm doing it but a little motivation and support wouldnt hurt. I'm 5' and 30 pounds overweight.
A 30 pound loss would be ideal for me, but 20 seems realistic for now.
I've started lifting (at home) and would love some tips as I'm new to that whole thing.
Thanks

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Hi! I'm 46. I'm almost 5'2". I spent most of my life in the 125-140 range, but after age 35 I whooshed right up to 187. I've been on My Fitness Pal for exactly 2 years and have lost 39 pounds (I'm struggling to make that last pound stick so I can say I've lost an even 40 pounds). When I started, I thought that if I could manage to lose 10 pounds I'd be satisfied, but then I just kept working at it. It took a long time, but it was much easier than I'd expected.

For me, changing my portion sizes made the most difference. I was significantly overeating, even though it was relatively healthy foods...just too much of it. I exercise at home with on-line videos (Leslie Sansone, Fitness Blender, and Jessica Smith are my favorites). Balance of cardio and light-medium weights.

You can totally do this! Just be very patient with yourself and be persistent. Even when you can't see the evidence, positive changes are happening inside your body. Keep going and don't get discouraged.