Help with Stretch Marks

Options
Does anyone know a good way to get rid of stretch marks? I really want to get rid of them so I won't have to be ashamed! I've had them since I was little even though I wasn't terribly out of weight range then, and I need to get rid of them! Help?

Replies

• tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Take care of your skin. Moisturizing and using sunscreen or UV protective clothing when you go outside, and staying hydrated, will help the marks to fade some. You might also try using Mederma or a similar product intended to reduce the appearance of scars. Ultimately, though, it's best to make peace with what you have. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    There is no way to make them completely disappear. I have them on my inner thighs since I was 10 because I had a major growth spurt (6in in 1 summer! talk about painful!)

Like tehz said, keeping your skin moisturized helps a lot, mine are now "white" and almost unnoticeable unless you get close. I use a cocoa butter body butter/lotion or anything with vitamin E and aloe works well too. Vaseline brand has some really great non-greasy lotions now that I love. And anytime you are in the sun lather on that sunscreen! If you get burnt in the area of the stretch marks they will be more red and noticeable (for me they are, but I am really fair skinned almost porcelain).
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    They'll never go away.

I was checking mine out today and they appear to have faded nicely (keep in mind most of mine are almost 11yrs old and I got new ones from my 2nd baby almost 10mos).

Every-time I shower I exfoliate. I always have a pair of exfoliating gloves. Once I started using those, I never stopped. Exfoliating the affected area over time will soften the skin and scars will appear to fade. Moisturize heavily and of course hydrate. It may take time or years for them to significantly fade, but they can. I do use coconut oil and sometimes stretch-mark creams, but the stretch-mark creams probably do little more than moisturize.

Also, if you got the dough, you can get laser removal. That's the quick fix.
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Moisturize your body from inside and outside by drinking plenty of water and using moisturizing creams, BioOil seems to help to but you have to be very disciplined when using it. Mine have faded over time and I found that once I started getting some sun on it it helped to, but dont get sunburned and do use sunscreen!
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    i have some stretch marks and they only disappear as they go white and your skin tightens up making them invisible when i stretch i can see the white marks still but at least that's only if i really look!
    All i did was exercise and rubbed some 'bio oil' on them
    I'd say it works :)
    Good luck!
    <3
  • sarahf3092
    sarahf3092 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Try some Bio Oil
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah bio oil & rose hip oil.
    If they aren't too bad they will probably fade with time
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Iv heard great things about Bio Oil ! You can get a cheap version but I would pay the extra and get the proper stuff :)
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, I had my child when I was 18 and had some pretty big stretch marks on my stomach. Unfortunately they never go away, but they do fade significantly over time. You will have to make peace with them and keep them moisturised.
  • sexychicha
    sexychicha Posts: 1
    Options
    Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, and BIo-Oil all work to fade them somewhat--Im black and I have some on my stomach it helps!
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    oops!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I hate to break it to you but they will never go away... at least without surgical removal. You can make them less apparent for sure and it's a combination of proper diet and hydration and stimulating new cells to grow in that area, body scrub and massage do that and also stimulates blood flow under the skin which can also make the marks more 'youthful' or less apparent. I used bio-oil with not real luck but I also used Revitagen (way more expensive) and it helped with the purple and red that my marks used to have and made them a lot more skin colored.

Hope you find something that helps, also I just wanted to realistic with you so that it doesn't get your hopes up.
  • pankdrogger
    pankdrogger Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've had stretch marks since my teens, and like others have said, they never totally go away. They get lighter, but that's just with time anyway. Good practice that I would recommend regardless of stretchmarks is to stay hydrated, exfoliate, and moisturize regularly - at best, all it will do is expedite the natural process to heal them into a more seamless appearance.