C25K: starting on treadmill then going outdoors?

Options
2»

Replies

• TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, a large percentage of runners look silly while running. I know I certainly do.
  • jissellc
    jissellc Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm using my treadmill now. When I feel comfortable enough and complete the C25K program, will go head on outdoors. I'm also waiting for after winter ha
  • david2831g78
    david2831g78 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hit the pavement. You can do it. Dont psyche yourself out. it'll be hard at first but eventually you'll be surprising yourself!
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hey, do what works for you! Anything is better than nothing :). Some day i suspect you will run outdoors... i use to be too embarrassed to do it myself, I was terrified the first few times I did, but now far prefer it. treadmill to me is a necessary evil lol. Don't be surprised by the difference in your treadmill ability compared to outside time wise, outdoors is harder for sure.... But like I said,do what works for you :)
  • CarrieStratfull
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed at braving the wider world!! I'm only a few weeks into 'learning' to run and am doing c25k, I am one pretty chubby bird and I also felt everyone would be laughing, but I found a nice local park where there aren't many folk around at the time I run, and I have had no nasty reactions at all! A lot of elderly dog-walkers remarking: 'I wish I had your enthusiasm/energy' etc etc and the discovery of several other equally unfit people staggering round has worked wonders for my self-image. The icing on the cake was a lady of similar age and size who started three weeks after me saying: "I wish I could run like you!!" when I still feel I am staggering round wheezing and panting!! So just remember, there's always someone looking worse than you - and either way, at least you've got off your *kitten* and tried to DO something! Tomorrow I am hoping to attempt my first full mile with my nephew - a tiny thing to some, but for me it will be a huge achievement! Good luck xxx
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone - you've really got me boosted up a bit I think I will brave it! I was terrified first time I went cycling outdoors especially as my OH is really fit and I thought I would look ridiculous chugging along behind him but no one has ever made me feel uncomfrtable