Is 15 lbs noticable?

Options
2»

Replies

• eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I think it has a lot to do with body fat composition as well. I'm about 5'3" and have looked much different at points when I weighed about 135 pounds. I'm now about 128, and I feel like I looked MUCH different when I was about 145 lbs or so.

I think it's less noticeable the less you have to lose, though. For example, I am confident now in how I look in regular clothes. I think I look pretty lean. When I wear a bathing suit or something, I feel much differently. I'm sure 15 lbs. would be very noticeable in a swim suit, but I'm not sure 15 lbs would be as noticeable while wearing jeans or something.
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If it is 15 pounds of FAT yes, very noticeable. But if it is water weight pounds, it can be some what noticeable to you, but not to others.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    At your size, with less to lose, probably. I've lost 45+ pounds and it's only the past two months or so that those who weren't aware I've been losing have brought it up, and I still have 55-60 to go.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    medlaura wrote: »
    If it is 15 pounds of FAT yes, very noticeable. But if it is water weight pounds, it can be some what noticeable to you, but not to others.

+1
  • jdt242
    jdt242 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    kwelsi wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I am new to MFP. I'm 5'2, so I'm pretty short, which means weight looks even worse on me :( I am at 130 lbs right now and I'm hoping to get down to 110-115. I'm wondering if that will make a significant change in my appearance?
    I know girls who are my height that weigh 115, and they look very slim and great, however I'd call myself chubby or overweight at just 15 lbs more. Should I aim for thinner or do you all think I will notice the 15 lbs?
    Also, I have read on these forums that some people don't notice their weightloss even after 50 lbs!

I'd say yes. The shorter you are, the more dramatic any weight loss is - especially if you are toning too. Go for it and if you feel like losing more, then go for that too. Good luck.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Dunno if its any help, but heres me at 5'1 and 117-120ish

eEts0RU.jpg

And this is now at 105

LUc8qw0.jpg
  • Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    *kitten* right you will
  • helenarriaza