Replacing body weight exercise with zumba?

Options
I've been in a weight plateau for....not sure how long it's been but it's been months (definitely more then 3, probably more then 4). I was only doing zumba but started to add body weight 3 times a week with zumba 2 times a week.
I decided the other day I was just going to do 4-5 zumba songs that incorporate body weight exercises (squats, lunges, pulse, burpees, and a couple songs that work on arms). These songs have these types of exercises the whole song.
Anyway, I weighed myself today and for the first time in I don't know how long I lost a pound...
This was with me doing body weight for 1 week. So should I just suck it up and continue to do the body weight exercises or would my plan with zumba be just as good?

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy it, and it gets your heartrate up and your body moving, then yes go for it.

Basically do whatever you enjoy or can handle doing that burns the calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    xxhieixx wrote: »
    Right...my 25lb weight loss from just zumba is silly and dumb. Also, who cares if I like dancing and this is fun for me? Hence why body weight is so difficult for me to do.

Some serious answers would be really appreciated

Exercise is for fitness. Cardio for heart health and building stamina....another perk is it burns calories. Strength (body weight) exercises....push ups, squats, planks....help you keep lean muscle while dieting and are great for bone health. Burns fewer calories than cardio, but both are important.

I look at exercise as another lifestyle change. Exercise will help me stay fit and keep the weight from creeping back up.
  • xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Please ignore my earlier post if you saw it. I had both of those deleted, just going to ignore unhelpful comments.
    I went ahead and did my body weight. I do circuits so I'm unsure if that wields the same results as me just incorporating those exercises into zumba songs. What I might do is body weight 2-3 times a week plus a few of those zumba songs. Guess I'll see how that goes. I know str/resistance training is important but it really bores me. Would be so much better if I could just do songs with those exercises in them.